Hey UG, I'm getting a new guitar soon, something somewhat cheap yet respectable. That used to be my LP Junior, but I decided it wasn't quite what I needed. I've pretty much settled on this Xaviere "SG" model, it's inexpensive ($200 bucks), and their guitars have mostly positive reviews, so what do you guys think? Worth it? Other suggestions?

Click here for stats

Edit: Also, anyone know of any white guitar cases? It's not too important, I'm just curious (meaning I'm not dropping $150 for a case) :b
Last edited by XMasterOfKtuluX at Jan 28, 2012,
I'd say save up.
At that price point you don't get too much of an upgrade, no matter what kind of guitar you have.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I don't like SG's.

the white is sexy though.

buy another les paul
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Nothing but positive reviews and good specs for "Xaviere" guitars. It looks nice. I'd say go to a music store and use this as your last resort. If buying online check Rondomusic.com too.
Edit: You can always upgrade the electronics too.
Quote by JesusCrisp
I'd say save up.
At that price point you don't get too much of an upgrade, no matter what kind of guitar you have.

Money's not really an issue, I'm just sort of stingy. And I'm not speaking upgrades, just looking for input from people with similarly-priced guitars, but I'm guessing at this price, this is top-of-the-line since it's factory direct and "quality assured" by the community.
Quote by XMasterOfKtuluX
Money's not really an issue, I'm just sort of stingy. And I'm not speaking upgrades, just looking for input from people with similarly-priced guitars, but I'm guessing at this price, this is top-of-the-line since it's factory direct and "quality assured" by the community.

I don't know, I'm always kind of sceptical when it comes to rather cheap guitars that get great reviews by an online community. People often exaggarate, because it's their probably first or second guitar they ever had, it looks pretty good and they don't have much experience with other (more expensive and better) guitars.
However, for that price it might be one of the better guitars you could buy, but then again, why bother much with cheap guitars that you'll probably want to upgrade or replace with a better guitar anyway, especially if you already have a cheaper guitar*?

*Assuming your LP Jr. is an Epiphone. In case it's a Gibson I don't get why you even consider the Xaviere.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
I don't know, I'm always kind of sceptical when it comes to rather cheap guitars that get great reviews by an online community. People often exaggarate, because it's their probably first or second guitar they ever had, it looks pretty good and they don't have much experience with other (more expensive and better) guitars.
However, for that price it might be one of the better guitars you could buy, but then again, why bother much with cheap guitars that you'll probably want to upgrade or replace with a better guitar anyway, especially if you already have a cheaper guitar*?

*Assuming your LP Jr. is an Epiphone. In case it's a Gibson I don't get why you even consider the Xaviere.

I already got rid of the LP the thing is, I have a Schecter, which I like to keep high-gauge strings on to play in low tunings, and I consider buying a different guitar for standard tuning to be more convenient, but I'm not willing to invest as much into it. Weird logic, but that's just how I think

And it was an Epiphone, cost me $100 bucks