I like the intro riffs but think you should try some kinda of drum roll or count that leads into it instead of coming in all at once. really cool change around 2:40, everything was solid and heavy. you have some really cool lead ideas going on but I think you should try and expand on them and not leave certain sections empty without them. sounds really good, keep it up!
check out mines: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504681
Quote by aaron aardvark
Michael87,
It's rockin' right off the bat! Yep, some good vocals would be nice. What you have so far (drums, bass, & guitar) is darn good! Audio quality is quite good. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29028425#post29028425

Thanks for listening

Quote by jpequeno0725
I like the intro riffs but think you should try some kinda of drum roll or count that leads into it instead of coming in all at once. really cool change around 2:40, everything was solid and heavy. you have some really cool lead ideas going on but I think you should try and expand on them and not leave certain sections empty without them. sounds really good, keep it up!
check out mines: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1504681

Thanks for the crit I thought about adding drum roll and eventually I left it this way, though you might be right, I should do it and I didn't cause I was too lazy . As for leading parts adding some more licks crossed my mind too, but knowing that there also should be some vocal on this song, I thought it would be too much. I wanted to do both of the verses a little bit different, in some way change the mood, nonetheless I'll think about adding some more licks, if I have some vocalist to record with.

Thanks once again I'm going out for a while, so I'll critique your songs, when I'm back. Cheers
Last edited by Michael87 at Jan 31, 2012,
I like how it comes in all together. The guitar tones are pretty good imo. It sounds like you're using EZDrummer. Could be wrong though. The drums have some good beats, but need better samples. That's really my only complaint. I really can't hear any bass, but that may just be what I'm listening through at the moment. Overall a pretty good song, just could use a little bit more in the production aspect. But it's definitely a good start.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515197
Quote by ronhoward
I like how it comes in all together. The guitar tones are pretty good imo. It sounds like you're using EZDrummer. Could be wrong though. The drums have some good beats, but need better samples. That's really my only complaint. I really can't hear any bass, but that may just be what I'm listening through at the moment. Overall a pretty good song, just could use a little bit more in the production aspect. But it's definitely a good start.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515197

Thanks. Yes I'm using EzDrummer and I know that the drums doesn't sound too real, though in some way their sound fits the mood of the song. I've got Superior Drummer 2 too and I tried to play that beats through it, but I couldn't get some satisfying sound. I know it has better samples, although not so better, imho. Of course it might be my fault and the other problem was that Superior played that beats completely different, it used different drums and cymbals, that I wanted to, so I'd have to correct that midi beats I composed.

As for the bass it's rather silent, because it doesn't sound too good (it was composed with Cakewalk Studio Instruments) and I had problem too make the song louder when it was well hearable, there was just too much bass. As for the production I know it could be better, I use Pod Studio UX-2 and AKG K-99 headphones, so it's hard to do really good mix with that

So once again, thanks for the crit
Quote by Michael87
Thanks. Yes I'm using EzDrummer and I know that the drums doesn't sound too real, though in some way their sound fits the mood of the song. I've got Superior Drummer 2 too and I tried to play that beats through it, but I couldn't get some satisfying sound. I know it has better samples, although not so better, imho. Of course it might be my fault and the other problem was that Superior played that beats completely different, it used different drums and cymbals, that I wanted to, so I'd have to correct that midi beats I composed.

As for the bass it's rather silent, because it doesn't sound too good (it was composed with Cakewalk Studio Instruments) and I had problem too make the song louder when it was well hearable, there was just too much bass. As for the production I know it could be better, I use Pod Studio UX-2 and AKG K-99 headphones, so it's hard to do really good mix with that

So once again, thanks for the crit

I use a UX1 and Sony MDR-7506 headphones plus Behringer Truth B3031A monitors. Definitely not the best of the best equipment wise, but adding in the monitors help my mixes I believe.

Have you tried with the drums routing them into the mixer and adding in some effects there? I use Addictive Drums, but I still route them out and add fx for each piece. I've got a friend who used EZDrummer for awhile and made it sound good. I know he compressed the hell out of the drums, but I'm not sure what else was done.

Also, you could check out 4Front Bass Module. It's free and simple, but sometimes I use it to blend in with real bass. I'll run the TSE BOD in the chain with the eq's compression and limiter. There's probably more, because I run a lot of effects together in my bass chain.
Quote by ronhoward
I use a UX1 and Sony MDR-7506 headphones plus Behringer Truth B3031A monitors. Definitely not the best of the best equipment wise, but adding in the monitors help my mixes I believe.

Have you tried with the drums routing them into the mixer and adding in some effects there? I use Addictive Drums, but I still route them out and add fx for each piece. I've got a friend who used EZDrummer for awhile and made it sound good. I know he compressed the hell out of the drums, but I'm not sure what else was done.

Also, you could check out 4Front Bass Module. It's free and simple, but sometimes I use it to blend in with real bass. I'll run the TSE BOD in the chain with the eq's compression and limiter. There's probably more, because I run a lot of effects together in my bass chain.

Yeah, monitors could help me too. As for the drums I exported everything separately, then I used eq on every track, then I exported all as one track and at the end I used compressor and maximizer from Izotope Ozon 5. I used small compression on the master track too. Unfortunately it's hard to make any of these programs sound real, it will always sound like machine or just weird, though it's hard to have a good drummer on your every command too I'll check that Bass Module, so thanks and cheers
Thank you Well yeah, it's not SO bad, but it's not too professional either I guess we always want something more, than we can get. Like your band wants to record some demo, when you'll record it, you probably start to regret that it's not fully professional recording, recorded using high class equipment, only just some normal well recorded demo
The riff at the start sounds pretty off the wall hahaha. This track reminds me more of an upbeat modern rock track rather than something punky. Think Rev Theory. Again, like everyone else is saying: could use a bit of a professional touch. But the bones of the song are there, it's a solid tune nonetheless. 2:39 is by far my favorite part. That's a classy as riff right there. The solo is most definitely not bad either. Ends a little abruptly in my opinion, could use more of a definitive finish to it. I suppose without the vocals it's hard to tell. Cool tune brah

Treat a brother out with some C4C!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29039676#post29039676
Quote by crisisinheaven
The riff at the start sounds pretty off the wall hahaha. This track reminds me more of an upbeat modern rock track rather than something punky. Think Rev Theory. Again, like everyone else is saying: could use a bit of a professional touch. But the bones of the song are there, it's a solid tune nonetheless. 2:39 is by far my favorite part. That's a classy as riff right there. The solo is most definitely not bad either. Ends a little abruptly in my opinion, could use more of a definitive finish to it. I suppose without the vocals it's hard to tell. Cool tune brah

Treat a brother out with some C4C!
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=29039676#post29039676

Thanks for the crit Yeah I know it's not fully punk, though I used mostly punk drum beats, so that's why I called it punkish/rock song. As for professional touch, I wrote that myself. As for your song I've already written the crit before, so you returned the favor Thanks again.
Some transitions between parts are a bit too sudden, but overall pretty good ! Some leads also don't fit perfectly, but the intro ones are very good. Everything else I had to say has already been said... Good job anyways, keep rocking !

give my stuff a little listen? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1516374