Poll Options
View poll results: Vote
Everyone should experiment with drugs
25 7%
I think there's one drug (such as weed or ecstasy) that everyone should try
25 7%
I have no problem if people want to use drugs, or not use drugs
236 62%
It's better if people generally try to stay away from drugs, however some people can use responsibly
82 21%
Nobody should ever use drugs
14 4%
Voters: 382.
Page 1 of 13
I've heard people say that before. Whether they're talking about drugs in general, or a specific drug (Ex. "Everyone should smoke weed.").

This thread has nothing to do with whether or not drugs should be legal or not. Most of the people here in The Pit think drugs should be legal anyways. Not that I disagree, I just don't want to have that discussion for the millionth time.

Anyways, do you agree with the statement? Do you think everyone should experiment with drugs? Or are you more of the persuasion just to let people do as they please, and if they don't want to, then that's dandy? Or perhaps you think nobody should ever use drugs?

And by drugs, I'm mainly talking about the illegal ones, like Weed, Cocaine, Ecstasy, and harder stuff like Heroin, Meth, etc.

Well, I don't use drugs so obviously I don't agree with the statement. I'm of the opinion just to generally let people decide for themselves. I find most reasons for why everyone should use drugs is because of some ridiculous stoner philosophy equating drugs to enlightenment.
I do not agree. I don't see the point of using drugs. I don't really care if others do though... well in most cases at least.

Edit: Actually I would try to stop people I know from doing most drugs.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 29, 2012,
Quote by The Madcap
Or are you more of the persuasion just to let people do as they please, and if they don't want to, then that's dandy?

That's me. Personally I will never try it because of the risks.

inb4 "there are no real risks"
I'm of the opinion that anybody can live a happy, fulfilling life without ingesting any drug.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Disagree. Nothing is good for everyone. You can't/shouldn't force people
My God, it's full of stars!
Remember the saying No hope in dope
Last edited by Axelfox at Jan 29, 2012,
Quote by laid-to-waste
yea man all drugs rock yo government and shit man

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by TheReverend724
I promote the use of cannabinoids and hallucinogenics/psychedelics

That said, using such substances is not for everyone

x1000 times agreed. Entheogens can be extremely spiritual, informative and helpful. But without appropriate set and setting it just aint gonna work.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
No, I don't think everyone should use drugs. A lot of drug users shouldn't use drugs. If you have an addictive personality it's a very rocky road to travel. If you're unstable you might lose all desire to do anything except use. Then there's those kids who'll put anything and everything into their bodies, not knowing what it is and end up overdosing.

Drugs are fantastic if you can use them responsibly and with caution. I used to be one of those, "I'll never touch drugs. Ever. Even if there's a fire," type people. But I've always been interested in learning about them. Eventually my interest sparked desire, and now I'm at a point where there isn't a lot that I've done, but there's not a lot that I wouldn't try. However, anything involving smoking or needles isn't for me.

If you don't want to use drugs, you won't. If you do want to use drugs, maybe you will at some point. No harm in choosing one side or the other if you can handle it.

inb4 alcohol isn't a drug debate
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Eh. I wouldn't try to force anyone, but I think that weed, in particular, is worth trying for anyone. But if you don't want to, more power to you. But I don't like it when anti-drug fellers dog on the users.
My sig? Nice.
No. The only time I feel someone should try drugs is if they want to. Same as drinking or smoking cigarettes.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by bradulator
I'm of the opinion that anybody can live a happy, fulfilling life without ingesting any drug.

This can be applied to anything, mind you.

It's up to everyone, as long as it's not harmful to others. /Boring answer.
Well if you are going to be talking about drugs at least try some once, I respect people who don't want to try them, as long as they don't judge
Quote by JayT44

inb4 alcohol isn't a drug debate

Who da fuck says that?

Even people who rant to me about drugs agree when I spout at them about alcohol being a drug.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Pot is fine, but that's where I draw the line personally.

If my buddy's want to go further ok, but If I ever see them doing crack and stuff then they get beat to a pulp.

So long as my friends and family are ok then I'm happy.
Don't like drugs personally, but I realize that they're an option for a lot of people, and I don't really believe and one person has the experience in life to tell everyone else with 100% certainty that they should always try drugs, or anything, really.

That said, with all the crap that goes into food and medicines, most people are taking more drugs than they realize already.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by sebastian_96
Even people who rant to me about drugs agree when I spout at them about alcohol being a drug.

Yes, but its a legal drug. You can bitch all you want, but that's an important distinction.
Quote by Ahteh
It's up to everyone, as long as it's not harmful to others. /Boring answer.

This is another big thing too. It's fine to use substances if you want to, but they should never be "an excuse to be an asshole" as Frank Zappa would have put it.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by sebastian_96
Who da fuck says that?

I hear that a lot actually. People claiming that alcohol isn't a drug, it's completely different cuz you can buy it in a store.

Obviously people who think alcohol isn't a drug have never used any other drugs.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Should be up to the person whether they want to try it or not. Some time in my life I'd like to try pot (I'm sure it'll be in the next few years), but everyone shouldn't do it just to do it. Nobody should try things, especially things like hard drugs (heroin, meth, etc...) just to experience it for no reason. I definitely don't want to go skydiving. Some people think I should just try it, but **** that.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Jan 29, 2012,
Disclaimer: I'm coming down off an eighth of shrooms. But I honestly think that everyone should try some sort of psychoactive drug (caffeine doesn't count) atleast once in their life to see what its like. I just don't understand people who never touch them without even trying.
Quote by strat0blaster
That said, with all the crap that goes into food and medicines, most people are taking more drugs than they realize already.

Dude, you, me, and Bill Maher need to get together some time.
Quote by JayT44
I hear that a lot actually. People claiming that alcohol isn't a drug, it's completely different cuz you can buy it in a store.

Obviously people who think alcohol isn't a drug have never used any other drugs.

Generally the people that don't view alcohol as a drug only hold that view due to the fact that it's legal.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by guitarplaya322
Disclaimer: I'm coming down off an eighth of shrooms. But I honestly think that everyone should try some sort of psychoactive drug (caffeine doesn't count) atleast once in their life to see what its like. I just don't understand people who never touch them without even trying.

They seem harmful and I wouldn't trust myself to only have one.
West Ham United
I've never used illegal drugs, and I don't have any particular desire to. But most people I know who are drug users do reasonably well in life. I would say that weed and LSD should be considered for legalization, and possibly even Ecstasy and cocaine. Obviously the user would assume responsibility for their actions and the consequences, especially for drugs like x and coke. There should be a stiff penalty for driving high, like there is for driving drunk. But when used 'responsibly', the impact of these drugs can be minimal. It is possible, but probably not pleasant, to be a functioning coke addict, and the only person you'd be hurting is yourself.

That said, there's a reason certain drugs are illegal. Meth, PCP, and crack (although that's a bit of a double standard if I said that coke proper is sort of ok) users are NOT fun to be near when they're high. Or even when they're not high. And huffing paint and stuff can seriously **** you up.

It's hard to say.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Generally the people that don't view alcohol as a drug only hold that view due to the fact that it's legal.

I think a lot of people use the term "drugs" interchangeably with "illegal drugs." I seen a lot of people do that. Even if someone knows caffeine and alcohol are drugs they don't really see them as such.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Read The Emperor Wears No Clothes. We live in a corrupt society where not even the president, who's suppose to be cool and revolutionary, can acknowledge that the first few presidents grew their own weed.
I picked the fourth option. I have heard people say everyone should experiment with all drugs at least once, and it is so incredibly stupid to think that. Some (probably most) people simply cannot handle the effects of drugs.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by King Donkey
They seem harmful and I wouldn't trust myself to only have one.

But there's many drugs that have virtually no harm, like weed, shrooms, acid. These drugs also don't really have any addictive factors, especially shrooms/acid.
Quote by guitarplaya322
But there's many drugs that have virtually no harm, like weed, shrooms, acid. These drugs also don't really have any addictive factors, especially shrooms/acid.

That's not the point. Some people are just uncomfortable about anything that changes perception, that's personal and not something you should be shoving your nose in because drugs "work" for you.

Quote by Axelfox
Druggies are all shitbags that should be put in prison.

http://www.dare.com/home/default.asp

Jesus christ.
Last edited by T.s.e at Jan 29, 2012,
Quote by Axelfox
Druggies are all shitbags that should be put in prison.

http://www.dare.com/home/default.asp

Cute :3

the muffin!
Quote by T.s.e
That's not the point. Some people are just uncomfortable about anything that changes perception, that's personal and not something you should be shoving your nose in because drugs "work" for you.

Yea, that's me pretty much. I get freaked out when I have too much caffeine.
___

Quote by The_Blode