So I play in an atmospheric rock group, and predominantly use a clean tone. I have an old Randall 40 watt combo as my primary amp. I love the advantages of solid state cleans for this kind of music, and although I acknowledge the advantages of a tube amp in some situations, but for this kind of music, in which i'm running a large number of effects simultaneously, is a tube amp really worth the money when I feel the tone is working for what I want to do?
If your happy with what you've got them no. You might find a Tube amp is not what your looking for as it may break up sooner, and give distortion where it isn't wanted.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Last edited by Any7423 at Jan 29, 2012,
If you're happy with it, then no need. The sound on stage isn't as important as in studio. Audience members don't notice shit.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Solid state amps can have some of the best cleans. Just look at the Roland Jazz Chorus... that's a legendary clean amp and it's solid state. If you like it, keep it.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by darkwolf291
Go somewhere and play a good clean tube amp. See which you like more.
A fender Twin or a Vox AC30 are a good choice.

Myself, I prefer solid state cleans to tube most of the time, except for my blues, hendrix, or RHCP stuff.

I like em both, but yeah I dunno...thanks guys