I've inherited two 1970's bass guitars, a 1972 American fender jazz and a Joodee that says "for professional use." on the headstock. Being a guitar player I was wanting to trade this rare guitar but can find nothing about it anywhere. Any info or offers greatly received. Thanks Mick Blake
The Bass in question is a Joodee Perfrormer and is made by yamaki, any info at all on its history and/or value greatly accepted. ta
It is most likely an old Japan made guitar. you got any pics?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Found out a bit more since I posted this.
You're correct, Joodee was a japanese made range of guitars made untill 1984 when they became Yamaki. The guitars distributors are Daion, a company started by the brother of the man who founded Yamaki.
Any additional info welcomed.
It is probably not that valuble TBH, keep it for the sentimental reasons. I have an old late 70's MIJ LP copy that is really nice, but it might be worth $400 on a good day
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
It is probably not that valuble TBH, keep it for the sentimental reasons. I have an old late 70's MIJ LP copy that is really nice, but it might be worth $400 on a good day

This 99/100 if you play guitar/bass and haven't heard of a brand name don't assume it's rare vintage trade fodder, just a big name copy. Cheap guitars have been pumping out of the far east for at least 50 years now probably and the late 60's to late 70's were most likely the heyday before all the lawsuits by said big name companies.

A lot of these basses can be kind of crappy, but range from there to decent to flat out great players. If your grandpa played and had a old fender as well I assume he kept it as a good backup.

Even cheap knockoffs and budget guitar companies have some big names such as harmony, silvertone, kay, etc. Jodee isn't one of them so you'll find it harder to pass it off as a rare treasure. depending on the looks, wear and sound you might make anywhere from $100-$300 if someone really wanted it.