So, I've owned a Kustom 36' Coupe 1x12 combo tube amp for several years now. Beautiful amp i must say, however it recently died on me. For a few months i'd been noticing a kind of crackling sound when the amp was turned on but nothing that was affecting the sound or performance of the amp. I went to turn the amp on the other day and I now get absolutely no sound out of it.

I took the back plates off to check everything out and as far as I can tell all of the fuses look good, none of the tubes seem to be blown, and all of the electrical connections seem to be good. So I tried plugging it back in and still no sound.

Any ideas on what's wrong with it or how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
im no expert but the crackling might have indicated dying tubes. Did the amp fluxuate in volume in the times before it broke?

I would say tubes are dead. but im no expert so dont take my word....at all
Yeah it would fluxuate kind of sporadically. But it'd only last several seconds when it did and then it'd go right back to where it should be. Is there any way to test to see if the tubes are dead?
I appreciate the help regardless of whether you're an expert. I just don't want to take the thing into a shop and have them charge me an arm and a leg for something I could probably do myself.
to me, it sounds like dead tubes. Regardless take it into a shop. Its a tube amp and they run at some crazy lethal voltages and i dont want you to die.

So be safe. take it into a shop and save your spine/life.
Haha good call. I'll probably take it in and see if they can just tell me what's wrong and if i can fix it without killing myself...If it sounds like I might then i'll let them take care of it
I know this thread is kinda old, but I was just wondering if you have figured out what has happend to your amp?

I own a 36' as well. Mines been solid so far.

Cheers,

SP
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525