Page 1 of 2
Is there really no limit to how long you can be detained without a sentence? What the **** man.
Y'see, it sounds harsh, but personaly, I would gladly spend two years in jail if it meant that I get £12 Million at the end of it. Especially if I got to spend it in solitary confinement away from the other prisoners.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Y'see, it sounds harsh, but personaly, I would gladly spend two years in jail if it meant that I get £12 Million at the end of it. Especially if I got to spend it in solitary confinement away from the other prisoners.

I could probably come up with some relevant poetry and vocal melodies in that amount of time. It could kick start my career.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Add a dash of insanity to it and it turns sour pretty fast though.
2 years without anything to do... it would drive me crazy probably. Or maybe I would come out like some kind of genius because I would have had to memorize everything instead of write it down and had to calculate stuff in my head instead of using a calculator. But 2 years is waaaaay too long.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by SlackerBabbath

yeah but you wouldn't drink drive in the first place so hah!

enjoy being poor with the rest of us rational people.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by T.s.e
Add a dash of insanity to it and it turns sour pretty fast though.

Try living with two teenage offspring, that's real insanity inducing stuff for you, two years away from it all with regular meals and all my laundry done is actualy sounding pretty tempting at the moment.... even without the money at the end of it.
That reminds me of the blind Bihari guy who was arrested for sixteen years without trial. At the end of it, he was given the privilege of being part of a mass grave.

Fuck, I hate my country.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

What the actual fuck...? Huge failure on the police's side. I'm glad he won the lawsuit.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
That's ridiculous!

How is this even possible?

HE HAD TO PULL HIS OWN ROTTEN TEETH! Let's hope he can get some bitching 24 karat gold implants instead with his $22 million.
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
inb4 that guy buys 22 mil worth of weaponry and goes postal on the police station.
Quote by Kensai
What the actual fuck...? Huge failure on the police's side. I'm glad he won the lawsuit.

Yeah, I'm with you on that, it was an obvious miscarrage of justice, but... £12M ?($22M)

What I'm wondering is, d'yer think this guy is now thinking to himself that it was all worthwhile? Because there'd be no way he could realisticaly earn that amount on the outside in that time.

Also, isn't it ironic that he can now afford to sit around and do nothing all day because he spent two years sitting around doing nothing all day?

Is anyone else here just a little bit jealous of him?
Quote by kertets
Don´t do the crime if you can´t do the time

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Yeah, I'm with you on that, it was an obvious miscarrage of justice, but... £12M ?($22M)

What I'm wondering is, d'yer think this guy is now thinking to himself that it was all worthwhile? Because there'd be no way he could realisticaly earn that amount on the outside in that time.

Also, isn't it ironic that he can now afford to sit around and do nothing all day because he spent two years sitting around doing nothing all day?

How would you value his lost time? And the suffering he went through? Maybe it seems much and it certainly secures him financially for the rest of the life, but to be honest I think it's important that this doesn't happen again.

Would you do the same for the money? I could sure have fun with a few millions, but those 2 years would fuck me up for the rest of my life.
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 29, 2012,
See what happens when you dont pay bail!!!!!
You get 22 million dollars.
Yeah, pretty sure he didn't get regular meals and his laundry doing... you really wouldn't manage the same two years he went through.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by SlackerBabbath

He sat alone in his cell for 2 years with no social interaction, you don't recover from that easily regardless of how much money you get. In all likelyhood he's a nervous wreck that's too occupied with his mental issues to ever actually enjoy any of the compensation he got.
Quote by Kensai

How would you value his lost time? And the suffering he went through? Maybe it seems much and it certainly secures him financially for the rest of the life, but to be honest I think it's important that this doesn't happen again.

Oh yeah I agree that the right thing was done in the end, but I just can't help feeling jealous of this guy.
Quote by Kensai

Would you do the same for the money?

If it were offered to me right now? Yes... yes I would. Because it would not only set me up for life but it would also set my kids up for life too.
Quote by Kensai
I could sure have fun with a few millions, but those 2 years would fuck me up for the rest of my life.

And this is probably why I'm feeling a tad jealous, because I think I could happily do 2 years in a prison solitary confinement unit without it affecting me too much. And I'd certainly prefer solitary confinement to having to mix with other prisoners.

I think we must consider that it's not total solitary confinement in prison, he'll have contact with whoever brings him his meals at least twice a day and the prison guards that check on him from time to time ect. I know of several people who have led much more solitary lives than that, some out of choice, some because they've become old and pretty much housebound but can survive on just one person visiting once a week and doing their shopping for them.
I read about this the other day. The continuing arrogance of the local elected officials is repugnant.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Well it sucks, but I'm glad he won.

Also, dat beard.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Jackal58
I read about this the other day. The continuing arrogance of the local elected officials is repugnant.

Really? do tell. I haven't seen anything about it from that angle yet.

Quote by stealstrings

Also, dat beard.

Another good thing for him that's come out of his ordeal.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
He saved money not going to the dentist too. Add that on to the 12 million.

Free food and clothing, free rent, council tax exemption, no Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on his door...

Dude, it sounds like heaven.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Oh yeah I agree that the right thing was done in the end, but I just can't help feeling jealous of this guy.

If it were offered to me right now? Yes... yes I would. Because it would not only set me up for life but it would also set my kids up for life too.

I guess that's one point of view, but I would not be comfortable if - let's say my father - did that for the economic well being of his family.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
And this is probably why I'm feeling a tad jealous, because I think I could happily do 2 years in a prison solitary confinement unit without it affecting me too much. And I'd certainly prefer solitary confinement to having to mix with other prisoners.

I think it's not easy to make that call. I mean youd not only be without social interactions but without any stimuli whatsoever. I would just deteriorate in there.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
I think we must consider that it's not total solitary confinement in prison, he'll have contact with whoever brings him his meals at least twice a day and the prison guards that check on him from time to time ect. I know of several people who have led much more solitary lives than that, some out of choice, some because they've become old and pretty much housebound but can survive on just one person visiting once a week and doing their shopping for them.

You might survive, but you might not like it. In the cell you'd have no freedom, which is something people on the outside have. They might also have stimuli like books, tv or whatever. You'd have none of that in the cell.

I think it's just difficult to put yourself in that guy's position. All I know is that I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I wouldn't want anyone around me doing that for the economic security of others.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Free food and clothing, free rent, council tax exemption, no Jehovah's Witnesses knocking on his door...

Dude, it sounds like heaven.

Only thing would be a problem for me is no guitar.

Or girls.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
A man that looks like hell, toothless, and probably almost completely insane.

Is richer than all of UG put together
Quote by Butt Rayge
He grew an awesome beard in 2 years.

He also had to pull out his own rotting teeth.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

So much fail in here. He'll have contact with whoever brings him his meals? Yeah because that thirty seconds or less of someone entering your cell to tell you they've got your food is going to make things any better. That still isn't exactly a proper social interaction. Its not as if they would be chatting away for a period of time having an ordinary conversation like any normal person.

Also clearly he mustn't have had people checking on him from time to time otherwise his health deterioration wouldn't have been anything like it was. They put him in solitary as they knew he previously had mental health problems. Yet it doesn't seem as if he had any help with that while he was in prison i.e. medical help.

And you say you'd happily do it as it would set you up with money to take care of your wife and kids for life? Sure, it would do that. But upon release you will be mentally broke down. You'd never interact with your family and friends in the same ways as you can now. Two years with almost no social interaction will have a huge impact on anyone.

Money doesn't bring happiness. You'd initially have the happiness of knowing your family is sorted for life, but then two years later when your life is worthless and your mentally and physically hurt, you will be questioning whether or not it was worth the sacrifice.
Quote by Kensai
I guess that's one point of view, but I would not be comfortable if - let's say my father - did that for the economic well being of his family.

Consider this, I saw my dad for about an hour every day because of his work commitments over a period of about 20 years. Would I prefer he went to prison for 2 years followed by as much time with me as we both wanted? No of course not, but I can certainly see how the trade off can be deemed as worth it.

Quote by Kensai

I think it's not easy to make that call. I mean youd not only be without social interactions but without any stimuli whatsoever. I would just deteriorate in there.

Well, considering that you asked if I would do it for the money, obviously the money would have to be offered first before I'd agree to it, which means that I would have knowledge of that eventual reward, which is a goal, which is an incentive, which I would consider as a great stimuli.
Also, I'm an artist, I could probably make art from my food, my clothes, ect, ect.

Quote by Kensai

You might survive, but you might not like it.

Dude, there are people working in crappy factories and worse (prostitution springs to mind) who will probably survive but completely loath what they have to do to survive.
Quote by Kensai
In the cell you'd have no freedom, which is something people on the outside have. They might also have stimuli like books, tv or whatever. You'd have none of that in the cell.

I'd have my imagination.

A thought occurs.
I don't actualy consider two years to be a great deal of time, probably because of my age. Older folks don't tend to see time in the same way as younger folks, to a six year old a week can seem like an eternity, but to an old person a year is just another collection of four seasons that seem to come and go much quicker than they used to do.

Could this possibly be why I'm considering myself as able to do this without it having any adverse affects on me?
Quote by Kensai

I think it's just difficult to put yourself in that guy's position. All I know is that I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I wouldn't want anyone around me doing that for the economic security of others.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone doing it against their will, but I think there are people who could happily choose to do it for the economic security of others, there are already people who enter monasteries under a vow of silence for the rest of teir natural lives from choice, people who live alone in the middle of nowhere like hermits out of choice, and let's not forget all those people who spend most of their time away from home, often at great risk to their lives, because they work in the armed forces or work on an oil rig or whatever, just so that they can provide for their families.
Quote by rickyj
i would probably do nothing but do pushups and fap...

You'd have nothing to clean it up with. If you wanked every day for two years you'd have over a litre of sperm pooling at your feet (presuming you ejaculated 1.5 ml each time)

Try doing push ups in that shit wise guy
Page 1 of 2