I obviously suck at guitar. This question is just out of curiousity.
By looking at the recruitment section in the papers, and handing out copies of their Curriculum Vitae.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
1.) Go out for applications/ask for interviews
2.) Don't bring your guitar
Quote by SkepsisMetal
The same way as everybody else?

+1

OT : Try defining why you suck at guitar , improve at that aspect. Try maybe go for session musician or teacher.
If you suck at guitar, why does it even enter the situation? Just find a damn job.
Unless you mean jobs in the music industry, then its just a matter of focusing your energy to studios, radios, bands, labels etc.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Haha, I mean what sort of jobs can they live off of, that isn't teaching
Any job? Playing guitar doesn't mean you can't be a lawyer or ice cream man.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Any job? Why does playing the guitar mean that you have to define yourself by it?
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Throw yourself into the combine. Mr. McMurphy did, and now he has a good job, at the utility muffin research plant.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by luxeion
Haha, I mean what sort of jobs can they live off of, that isn't teaching

1. Get Application
2. Fill in said application.
3. Send it away.
4. ???????????
5. PROFIT !!!!
Last edited by TheTones at Jan 29, 2012,
Quote by SkepsisMetal
The same way as everybody else?

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
learn a trade
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by luxeion
I obviously suck at guitar. This question is just out of curiousity.

Any one who asks this question in here just gets slated by idiots.

What I'd advise you do is make a reverbnation profile, put some music, photos, videos, bio etc on it, and you get informed about many opportunities.
Play loads of open mic nights and meet all sorts of people.
Advertise your services at local rehearsal and recording studios.
Get to know the local musicians.

Theatre jobs for guitar players can pay really well, so look into that.
Last edited by jkielq91 at Jan 29, 2012,
he clearly means a job AS a guitar player where he gets money to play and/or understand music.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......|
....\__________./
^Not very clear in OP, seeing as he says he sucks at guitar and isn't job specific.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Quote by Sign of War
he clearly means a job AS a guitar player where he gets money to play and/or understand music.

He may possibly be asking what jobs being a guitarist qualifies you for. Which can be quite a lot depending upon one's experience. For example, a guitarist who's done several tours could possibly be considered as qualified as a tour manager for another band, or, because playing in a band involves the entertainment industry and experience at getting bookings and self promotion, a guitarist could possibly be considered as qualified enough to be an entertainments manager/promoter in a pub, club or music venue.
Teach little kids guitar, they're not expecting you to teach them a malmsteen piece in 2-3 weeks.

Failing that, go out on the streets and busk, I dunno.

Be more specific in your thread description otherwise most people will just slate you.
Quote by TheTones
+1

OT : Try defining why you suck at guitar , improve at that aspect. Try maybe go for session musician or teacher.

Don't do this, especially if you suck.
Through knowing people. That's how I have my work as a session guitarist.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Work in a music store which I assume is just like any other retail store except with instruments and you get to harass kids to buy the new Line 6 Spider Amps that will give them br00tal presets.
Last edited by xSheogorathx at Jan 29, 2012,
If you want to be a session musician, then get your name into some Musicians Diary services and make yourself available if they ever throw work your way.
One of my good friends goes on Craigslist and keeps getting into bands using that. He's been really lucky and its been pretty reliable. He's in a Creed cover band atm doing gigs with them.

Try there.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
He's been really lucky and its been pretty reliable. He's in a Creed cover band atm doing gigs with them.

Not exactly anything to be proud of
Hahahaha, some funny answers, but thanks, sign of war is correct and I said I suck and it's out of curiousity, cuz i'm not lookin for a job and is just really _curious_ :P

cuz, people say bands, rock or somethin won't profit at all. and most are teachers so.. i was wondering if people study guitar so much cuz they love it if there was a way they could live their life with it D:/
Quote by jkielq91
If you have good recording gear you can do session work over the internet for money.

If you want to make a sum you can live off of, you're going to have to make a name for yourself by physically showing up to the studios. It's the big names that record from home and still make money, but even they have to show up to work.

Try Craigslist; I have never had luck with it, though.
Go to music store and find application. Also useful for owing newbies at guitar who can't shred.
Quote by luxeion
Hahahaha, some funny answers, but thanks, sign of war is correct and I said I suck and it's out of curiousity, cuz i'm not lookin for a job and is just really _curious_ :P

cuz, people say bands, rock or somethin won't profit at all. and most are teachers so.. i was wondering if people study guitar so much cuz they love it if there was a way they could live their life with it D:/

Short Answer: No.

Longer Answer: **** no.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

There are only 3 ways.

1. Become famous, either play in your group, or play with famous people as a known professional.

2. Teach how to play guitar.

3. Gotta finish over university, and continue guitar as 2nd job.
Oh lord...

Some of these answers... Wow.

Look, sooner or later, you realize you have a choice: Get a "Real" job or finish school, or find a band and tour.