i'm currently saving up for another guitar and i'm between 2 options at the moment.

first is the cort x6 vpr. http://www.cortguitars.com/_webapp_3832433/X-6_VPR
i previously owned this guitar and had to return it because i needed a new amp.

second would be a 7 string of some sort (around $350-400)

i'm going for versatily. i have a schecter c1 hellraiser EX that is a metal machine. but i want something else that can do everything else. i would most likely put a pettrucci set of dimarzio's in which ever guitar i do decide to go with.

thoughts? i'm going for something versatile but i really want it to stand out also
I currently have a Cort EVL Z47 7 string. not the Z47b and it is a great playing guitar except the stock EMG HZ7 pickups are shit, so if your going to change the pickups anyway go for it plus you can find one of these guitars on ebay for around 400 new. By the way i installed D Activator 7's it now sounds better than my friends 1100 dollar schecter.
FR is not a pain, it only needs to be setted up correctly.

IE: Set the floyd paralllel to the body. Even cheap floyd will stay in tune when setted up correctly
Quote by captainsnazz
If it's only your second guitar, you will probably regret getting a guitar with a floyd rose. They're a ****ing pain. Just a warning bro

like i said before, i've owned this guitar before so its not my first floyd. i already have a hard tail i can use for alternate tunings so this would be set for drop d/standard tuning.

i'd also like to add epiphone les paul to the options. another guitar that i've been wanting

which would be the best bang for the buck? if i got the epiphone, i'd likely replace the pickups later on down the road with either gibsons or BKP's
Quote by t1mman
FR is not a pain, it only needs to be setted up correctly.

IE: Set the floyd paralllel to the body. Even cheap floyd will stay in tune when setted up correctly

This, people make floyds sound like they need a daily 2 hour maintenance if you own one.
Setting it up is a pain, yes. but once it's set up perfectly, it can be YEARS before you need to do any REAL maintenance that isn't just the odd fine tune every month or so.

EDIT: I'd say go with the 6 personally.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss