Yo, I have a B.C. Rich Mockingbird which I love, it's beautiful and plays brilliantly. It cane stock with Rockfield SWV pickups, and I'm wondering if it would be worth swapping them out. I'm getting a really awesome tone atm, but I'm wondering if new pickups would serve to improve it further. I'm also kinda longing for a bit more output than the rockfields are giving me.

I like to play most thing under the banner of rock. I love Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Free, Airbourne, Black Stone Cherry, Hendrix, etc... You get the picture, a fair variety.

I am interested in EMG's but I kinda have mixed feelings. I've got a mate with a Fender Strat with an EMG 81 in the bridge and that is a brilliant sounding guitar, very versatile. My guitar teacher has an Ibanez Prestige with an EMG 81/85 set, which again sounds phenomenal. What I don't like about these pickups is the way they look, and the fact that they tend to be associated with the kind of pin headed metalheads who sit and play nothing but a galloping rhythm all day. I don't want that kind of label :')

So yeah, any thoughts?
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
If you like Iron Maiden, maybe you should look into a set with DMZ Super Distortion/PAF pro?

Otherwise I am a huge Seymour Duncan fan, a Distortion set will work well too.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
I don't think you'll need active pickups for those bands. I don't know anything about the Sheldon amp in your sig, is it your prefered amp?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Emperor's Child
I don't think you'll need active pickups for those bands. I don't know anything about the Sheldon amp in your sig, is it your prefered amp?

It's what I use at home, it's a handwired valve affair, they're made by a small company based in Birmingham. I got the Bandit because the Sheldon doesn't have the volume for gigs, it's a great recording amp.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Quote by Any7423
Yo, I have a B.C. Rich Mockingbird which I love, it's beautiful and plays brilliantly. It cane stock with Rockfield SWV pickups, and I'm wondering if it would be worth swapping them out. I'm getting a really awesome tone atm, but I'm wondering if new pickups would serve to improve it further. I'm also kinda longing for a bit more output than the rockfields are giving me.

I like to play most thing under the banner of rock. I love Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Free, Airbourne, Black Stone Cherry, Hendrix, etc... You get the picture, a fair variety.

I am interested in EMG's but I kinda have mixed feelings. I've got a mate with a Fender Strat with an EMG 81 in the bridge and that is a brilliant sounding guitar, very versatile. My guitar teacher has an Ibanez Prestige with an EMG 81/85 set, which again sounds phenomenal. What I don't like about these pickups is the way they look, and the fact that they tend to be associated with the kind of pin headed metalheads who sit and play nothing but a galloping rhythm all day. I don't want that kind of label :')

So yeah, any thoughts?

EMG-X series,
SD Blackouts,
A preamp/boost for your current pickups.

I'm an EMG lover, but I think this is worth a look:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/accessories/blackouts-modul/blackouts_modul/

I was wondering: when playing through a sort of modelling amp like a roland cube, will you still notice swapping the pickups?