Satriani uses pinch harmonics or natural harmonics and then pulls up on his trem; tightening the strings. You will only be able to do small divebombs, and even at that, it might not hold tune properly. I wouldn't trust it for more than some vibratos.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
... there is no might go out of tune... you WILL go out of tune!
technically speaking, you can, but not without harm to your guitar or going out of tune after first 3 divebombs or even bends.
set bridge to float for atleast 2 centimeters, and get a locking nut. there, you got a floyd which will stay in tune for like.. 5 minutes.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Yeah you really need something with a completely floating trem to be able to do all that stuff, and you want locking nuts so it doesn't go out of tune at the top.

Oddly, on my Ibanez, which was pretty much designed for all that stuff, if I whammy sharp or do a flutter it stays... sharp... somehow..
ESP Horizon FR II (EMG) / Ibanez Prestige RG1570 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab & LiquiFire pickups)
I wouldn't personally recommend it, as your guitar will go out of tune if you have a non-floating trem.
Having said that, Eddie Van Halen used a non-floating trem for every song on Van Halen I, and there are some pretty extreme divebombs on there...
I guess the best advice would be to experiment, the worse thing that'll happen is you'll have to retune your guitar, which isn't the end of the world...

Gear:
-Custom Frankenstrat (Now in bits pending a home-made Charvel So-Cal mod)
-Boss ME-25 (Modded with gaffer tape and blu-tack)

Quote by Xiaoxi
Modes and scales are dumb and useless. Stop learning them. No, seriously.
Quote by llBlackenedll
Yeah you really need something with a completely floating trem to be able to do all that stuff, and you want locking nuts so it doesn't go out of tune at the top.

Oddly, on my Ibanez, which was pretty much designed for all that stuff, if I whammy sharp or do a flutter it stays... sharp... somehow..

Sounds like you don't have your bridge perfectly leveled out. Loosen the claw in the back cavity a little bit so when you you move the bridge, it returns to center.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
For dive bombs; loosen the strings up so you can get to the string slots at the nut. Take an emery board and shave pieces of pencil lead into the slots. This will give the strings the lubrication they need to stay somewhat in tune. The strings tend to bind up at the nut when you dive bomb. Also, Ed Van Halen said he would pull up on the bar slightly to help it go back into tune. Hope this helps!
EBMM Axis Black Cherry Burst
El Capistan
'74 Phase 90 re-issue
Boss BF-2
Hall of Fame Reverb
50 W 5150 III
Quote by llBlackenedll

mmm Blackened are you sure its properly set up ?
my Edge Tremolo stays in tune for months ^^
Quote by Hail
i'm the internet equivalent of ripping the skin off my face and strangling you with it right now

Quote by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.