Poll: Did I get kicked out fairly?
Poll Options
View poll results: Did I get kicked out fairly?
Yes, it's Michael's band, he can do as he pleases.
28 37%
No, you were kicked out without everyone's approval, for no good reason.
48 63%
Voters: 76.
Page 1 of 2
I've been playing together with my two best friends, a guitarist and a bassist, since high school, and we've gigged several times before. When our previous band broke up, we weren't left with much to do. Now the guitarist has a childhood friend, a singer-songwriter, "Michael", who is starting a solo project and invites him to play with him. When he needed another guitarist and a bassist to join, my friend suggested he invite me and my other friend to join, and so we do.

So we started playing as Michael's 'backup' band, we gig together and he starts to get some attention for his music. Personally I put a lot of sweat in the project, even giving Michael a hand looking for gigs and promoting the project to other people, something the others didn't do, keep that present later on. So, then it starts to float around the idea of having the rest of us have more involvement and become a band. He even goes to state so in a recent interview, and goes to claim that there's been more input from other members into the writing process.

Come Wednesday and we're told we have a big gig on Monday, playing in a well-known venue nationally. It's suddenly Friday night and we haven't had a single rehearsal, so I call up Michael about it. I ask him if we're still playing on Monday, and tells me they are, but I'm not. Turns out they had a rehearsal and didn't tell me about it, and want to play without me. Obviously I'm quite angry by now, and I ask him why didn't he tell me before and why did they kick me out. He tells me that he and other guitarist, my "best" friend, be aware, agreed that they sound better without me, but he proposes that they discuss the matter with the rest of the band and let it be a 'band' decision.

Saturday I call the bassist, my other best friend, and tells me neither him or the drummer knew of the decision and they weren't asked for their opinions on the subject. He tells me he tried to help, but "we might be a band, but Michael is the one who makes decisions around here".

So, basically, after all the effort I've put into our supposed 'band', two members decide to simply kick me out without even telling me, for no good reason. Was I treated fairly?
That's the nature of bands where one dude is in control. Time for you to begin plotting your revenge
Quote by RU Experienced?
You were kicked out fairly, but in a douchey manner.

This.

It seemed to be the singers band, even if you guys were having a bigger input later on. If he believes his music will sound better with a single guitar, so be it. That's what he wants so he made it happen. But the way he went about it was wrong.
That dude sounds like a f*cking prick man
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Well, it is Michael's band for now, but if he wishes to make the group more of a democratic thing, then he's been unfair.

But the way he kicked you out was maybe not the most ideal, he did not do it like a boss.
DeVillains!
Yeah, you were. If the key members agree that you're out, then it's fair. However, they're assholes for doing it.
Quote by Woffelz
TS, I thought you were me for a minute...

I thought he was you up until you posted.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I thought he was you up until you posted.

This.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Yeah that wasn't quite fair, I'm pretty sure you could sue him. But in the meantime, try to get the band on your side and watch the douchey singer tremble with fear.
Quote by Woffelz

I read this whole thread up until your post thinking OP was you.
Well, it's his band and he can do what he wants, but there are nicer ways to go about it.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
As much as this hurts, I see a job in management in the future (depending on how upset you are.)
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Slap your friends.
TS' friends are knobs.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

My bad. TS didn't add an l to my username, he switched two letters around.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by The_Casinator
Yeah that wasn't quite fair, I'm pretty sure you could sue him. But in the meantime, try to get the band on your side and watch the douchey singer tremble with fear.

The bassist doesn't seem to agree with the decision. He told me he would do his best, but he doubts he can do much with Michael in charge. The guitarist, on the other hand, agreed to kick me out, nevermind I'm his friend and we've been together in previous bands. It upsets me that he isn't very responsible and doesn't have even have half of the gear he needs to play, yet he gets to stay. My friendship doesn't mean anything when I'm kicked out, but he gets to stay because he's Michael's childhood friend.

Quote by Woffelz

Well shit, I didn't expect this. Time to sign up under a new username?

Quote by Ylasto
But the way he kicked you out was maybe not the most ideal, he did not do it like a boss.

I wouldn't be nearly as mad as I am right now if he had called me and told me that I had been kicked out. But did he think he would simply not tell me anything and that I wouldn't show up again? That I wouldn't somehow realise they were playing shows without me?

Quote by bry0n
As much as this hurts, I see a job in management in the future (depending on how upset you are.)

Ironically, I'm the only one studying for a degree in music.
Stop bitching about how long you've been friends, it doesn't matter. You got kicked out fair and square. He could have been nicer and more professional about it, but he wasn't.

Cry more.

Quote by RU Experienced?
Yes.

Do it.

This.

I think about everyone has two or three different usernames, right?
"he says everyone kicked me out, and HE says that's pretty much what happened but HE says he's against it and is trying to convince them to let me stay"

fukken drama. The guy trying to convince them to let you stay is lying to you brosef.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by BMusic
Make a band Woffledeth. That'll show them.

WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by LRCGUITAR
It's going to be pretty confusing having a Woffelz and a Wofflez around here...

I can be Woffelz's doppelgänger and together we can wreak havoc upon the Ultimate-Guitar forums.
Wait. I thought this thread was Woffelz. I'm so confused right now.

What a cunt. The only solution is to kidnap him and constrain him in a dildo contraption
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
I did wonder about the lack of paedophilia.

I voted no, because while it is his band and his call, it's simply not fair to kick someone out without telling him about it.
What the **** do they expect you to do, show up at a gig all ready to go, and then they tell you?
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
when i saw Motorhead, every bass kick shook the place

when they played Overkill at the end i nearly involuntarily shat myself
Last edited by Concurssi at Jan 29, 2012,
Well, unless you made it clear to each other that you're a band, he was still the main guy. But the way he did it is immature.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Woffelz
Wofflez, change your avatar to the same as mine!

This. Do it. Identical everything.

I'm jealous I don't have a StevenHouse dopplegänger running around

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

this name thing is confusing.

to: his band so can do as he likes, he's a dick though. start your own band.
now extra flamey
Page 1 of 2