I'm just curious what would happen (without trying it myself and messing something up) if I were to use a Behringer wah pedal intended for guitars with my bass. I don't want to ruin the pedal since it's not mine and I wouldn't want to have to replace it, and I don't want to risk my own gear either since I'm kinda saving up for a Rickenbacker.

So, what can I expect from this?
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
It will work fine
Luna Andromeda dragon bass
Schecter Omen Extreme
Fender strat
Fender Labrea electic/acoustic
Peavey tour 450
Peavey tour 410/115
Galien-kruger Backline 600
Black Heart BH15h
Gibson Les Paul gold top (Knock off)
it probably wont sound that good all around but it wont damage your gear in any way
There's nothing wrong with it at all. It won't damage anything, and it can sound alright. I use a vox wah intended for guitar in my rig.
Quote by Ziphoblat
There's nothing wrong with it at all. It won't damage anything, and it can sound alright. I use a vox wah intended for guitar in my rig.

That's good to hear.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
It probably won't sounds as good if you try to wah the notes lower on the neck. Once you get above the 12th fret it should sound fine though.

There are bass wahs made to handle the lower tones of a bass but meh, use what you've got.

Have you ever played a Rickenbacker before? I had the owner of Hartke hand me one brand new off the shelf and did not like it one bit. They feel like toys.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Quote by King Of Suede
Have you ever played a Rickenbacker before? I had the owner of Hartke hand me one brand new off the shelf and did not like it one bit. They feel like toys.

No, but I've heard the tone they produce and I like their look. I haven't had the chance to try one even though I would really like to do that. But I could always return it and get my money back if I wouldn't happen to like it.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
Quote by King Of Suede
It probably won't sounds as good if you try to wah the notes lower on the neck. Once you get above the 12th fret it should sound fine though.

There are bass wahs made to handle the lower tones of a bass but meh, use what you've got.

Really?! my friend has one and they play like a dream, great tone and awesome playability! But I guess everyone has different preferences
Quote by Trowzaa
Why do you and your mates all drive old vehicles?
Please say you've got mates with old ambulances and fire engines too. That'd be brilliant.
Last edited by troyofyort at Jan 29, 2012,
Quote by King Of Suede

The scale is only a eensy bit smaller than a P bass? and it's got that big headstock and slab body.

Ever play a mustang