I just recovered 83 pictures from my Droid X using Recuva, but my computer can't display the pictures so I have no idea what they're pictures of. Can anyone here help me out?
Quote by element4433
Be subtle with it. Don't like molest him.

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Nudes.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by a_7_x
What file format are they in?

It says they're in JPEG, which is strange because my computer should be able to view JPEG files
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Quote by shavorules42
It says they're in JPEG, which is strange because my computer should be able to view JPEG files

And do you get an error message when you try to open them?
Quote by a_7_x
And do you get an error message when you try to open them?

It says "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this picture because either Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer."
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Have you tried updating to the latest version of Photo Viewer? If that doesn't work then I don't have a clue.

Quote by Trowzaa
Have you tried updating to the latest version of Photo Viewer? If that doesn't work then I don't have a clue.

I'm going to try that now
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by SG_dave
Tried right clicking and choosing "Open with..." then selecting Paint.

If paint won't open it, you have no chance.

Yeah, if Paint won't open a JPEG then it means the file is probably corrupted and you haven't recovered the full file.
Damn it. It won't open with paint
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by a_7_x
Try a different recovery tool?

Would you like to suggest another one?

This is what I got. I'm afraid I'm fucked
Attachments:
Recovery Error.png
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by shavorules42
Would you like to suggest another one?

This is what I got. I'm afraid I'm fucked

Sorry man, I don't know any. Never recovered files from a phone before.

But I once reformatted my hard drive and installed Gentoo over everything. I needed to recover all the files and everyone on the Gentoo forums told me that there was no way to get it back. PC World told me the same thing.

Then I found some software that got absolutely everything back.

Just look around?
There are plenty of programs for recovering buggered files. Hit up google.

Some you have to pay for, but I am sure that there is some freeware around. Failing that I heard somethign about getting normally paid for stuff for free on some websites. I think that can be illiegal though, so best check it all out first!!!!!!!!

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Thanks anyway man. I think I know what happened. From reading forums, when you delete something on the phone, it shrinks the file on the SD card so it takes up less space and then over time, the data is overwritten with new data. Some of the files have already been overwritten from the advanced report I saw on Recuva, but I think the ones that were recovered have been recovered as the shrunk files, not the originals, which is why I can't view them. I need to find a way to restore them to their original size.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Surely they can't have been that important if you deleted them in the first place anyway

Quote by Trowzaa
Surely they can't have been that important if you deleted them in the first place anyway

I was in a bad place man. Irrational decisions occur sometimes
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Have you tried file carving? It *might* give you better results. How much have you saved to the card since deleting the photos?

Also if you can, check the file headers. It's possible that they weren't actually jpegs and were rather some other type of image file.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Have you tried file carving? It *might* give you better results. How much have you saved to the card since deleting the photos?

Also if you can, check the file headers. It's possible that they weren't actually jpegs and were rather some other type of image file.

They're actually .jpg files upon further examination. I haven't tried file carving. What is it and how do I do it? I haven't saved much. Maybe a few pictures and videos, but that's about it. Recuva showed that many of the files were still there.
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
lol you wont get the nudes your now ex, or now ex'ex gf sent you back TS.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by a_7_x
Sorry man, I don't know any. Never recovered files from a phone before.

But I once reformatted my hard drive and installed Gentoo over everything. I needed to recover all the files and everyone on the Gentoo forums told me that there was no way to get it back. PC World told me the same thing.

Then I found some software that got absolutely everything back.

Just look around?

What software was that?
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
What software was that?

That's what I'd like to know
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221
Quote by a_7_x
It was called Photorec. It's made by the people who make TestDisk:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

I've seen that one too
Quote by element4433

And cup his balls.

Quote by blake1221