So me and my friends are planning a holiday. When we finished our exams last June, a few of us went to Amsterdam, and had the time of our lives .. It was really awesome. So this year, a few more of our friends are interested.

We want to head over again for 4/20, and we've researched accommodation and flights. However, one of my friends was telling me about Euroline coaches, and it would work out way cheaper, and could be a lot more fun. We'd have to get a bus from Cork, Ireland to London, then get a bus from London to Amsterdam. Once we get to Amsterdam we would be sorted, because a few of us know Amsterdam very well since we were there before, and we walked around and explored quite a bit.

I'm just wondering if has anyone ever taken a bus on a long distance journey, in particular ones in Europe, with Euroline or a similar company? How was it? Any tips? It seems like a much better idea, apart from the obvious longer travel time, but that's acceptable seeing as it would be so cheap.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Well, I've heard there's a new law that only permits residents of Amsterdam to smoke weed.

It's just as illegal to do it there on vacation now.
Quote by Thrasher117
Well, I've heard there's a new law that only permits residents of Amsterdam to smoke weed.

It's just as illegal to do it there on vacation now.

That hasn't been brought in yet, they're planning on rolling it out in 2013, so we're going before that.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica
That hasn't been brought in yet, they're planning on rolling it out in 2013, so we're going before that.

Sweet
Quote by treborillusion
Sweet

Yeah I might be moving to Australia soon aswell, so it's the last hurrah for our smoking shennanigans!
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Thrasher117

So if you study in the netherlands as a foreigner it would still be legal?
Quote by Tangerineseeker

You will have to be a resident I think, if not a Dutch citizen. Hopefully that won't be in effect for another year though.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by Tangerineseeker

I believe so. It's pretty ****ing shitty, and a sad day for stoners everywhere.
Quote by KirkMetallica
You will have to be a resident I think, if not a Dutch citizen. Hopefully that won't be in effect for another year though.

Oh ok but is that only for amsterdam or on a federal level?
Quote by Tangerineseeker

It's supposed to be for the whole of the Netherlands, it is being massively opposed by other politicians and the residents of Amsterdam themselves. They've said they'll ignore any new law, and the smaller towns can follow it.

They make too much money from tourists to even dream of going through with it.

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Tangerineseeker

I think it's at a federal level, because they've had problems with weed smuggling at the border countries.
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by KirkMetallica

You must be mistaken. It has been implemented a year ago. You jelly? Amsterdam resident here.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
You must be mistaken. It has been implemented a year ago. You jelly? Amsterdam resident here.

From seeing your posts in the Pit, you'd be the last person I'd trust. Just sayin'.
Bertolt Bretcht

Long bus journeys are fine man .. as long as they've got a toilet on the bus it should be all sweet. Some have movies and shit, some won't let you drink alcohol though and even say if you get caught with an alcoholic beverage they can throw you out the bus then and there, whether they would or not is a different story.

I've taken 24+hour bus journeys all over the place for a while now. The novelty of the bus trip might wear off quickly though, especially if you're not allowed to drink, all for the sake of a few euros. Or just get a one way bus ticket there, and if you don't wanna go through that again just book a return flight once you get to Holland, it's not like you have to have everything planned and paid for before you leave. It could be more exciting for you as well on the journey there as you have no way of getting back yet sorted out.

If I was in your shoes, i'd just get a plane there, drink at the airport, drink on the plane, travel done quickly, more time to get stoned and **** prostitutes.
Blue Jays, Seahawks, Raptors, Habs, Peterborough United FC, Gold Coast Suns.
Quote by Blimpy19
Long bus journeys are fine man .. as long as they've got a toilet on the bus it should be all sweet. Some have movies and shit, some won't let you drink alcohol though and even say if you get caught with an alcoholic beverage they can throw you out the bus then and there, whether they would or not is a different story.

I've taken 24+hour bus journeys all over the place for a while now. The novelty of the bus trip might wear off quickly though, especially if you're not allowed to drink, all for the sake of a few euros. Or just get a one way bus ticket there, and if you don't wanna go through that again just book a return flight once you get to Holland, it's not like you have to have everything planned and paid for before you leave. It could be more exciting for you as well on the journey there as you have no way of getting back yet sorted out.

If I was in your shoes, i'd just get a plane there, drink at the airport, drink on the plane, travel done quickly, more time to get stoned and **** prostitutes.

I agree with flying instead of bussing it, unless you wanted to see sumore of the continent. Flying is just so much easier and convenient, plus you'll have longer to appreciate the wonderful city

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by Tangerineseeker

Yep.
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Taking a bus across water?! TS you so cray.

EDIT: yes, I am aware of tunnels and ferries and whatnot. I just keeding.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Last edited by snipelfritz at Jan 29, 2012,
Quote by KirkMetallica
From seeing your posts in the Pit, you'd be the last person I'd trust. Just sayin'.

You are right. Good luck walking in Amsterdam without the drugs.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ