Hi, I am a noob with my first Floyd Rose guitar trying to get my Floyd Rose to level with the body of the guitar. There was not enough tension (the bridge was floating upwards) so I tightened the screws. But that was not enough and now there isn't enough screw left to make the bridge level. Obviously I messed something up. What do I need to do to reset the bridge and level it correctly? Thanks,
Jackson Soloist SL3
Line 6 HD147
Vintage Celestion 30 &
Celestion G12H anniversary
Well it was almost correct (not that bad to warrant a fix right away) when I got it for xmas and I am pretty sure the strings I put it are lighter - 0.09 - 0.42 as opposed to prolly 0.10 - 0.46. So that doesn't make much sense to have another spring.
Jackson Soloist SL3
Line 6 HD147
Vintage Celestion 30 &
Loosen screws, add spring.
Can we see a pic of your bridge or trem cavity?
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
The bridge would only pull upwards if you put on heavier strings, or if it was previously set up for a low tuning and you now tuned it to a more normal tuning like E Standard.

First step to figuring out your problem is to work out what strings used to be on there (if you can remember), or at least double-check that you did in fact put on a .09 set now. Because if you did indeed put on lighter strings than before the bridge should be pulling back, not upwards.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Well right now I have three springs which should be good for 0.09 - 0.42 I would think. I don't know what exactly was on there before because it was an ebay transaction. The previous owner was one of those along of the lines of picked up the guitar intending to learn to play but never did. But from what I can remember the strings were not a heavy gauge. The guitar was tuned to E standard and I am going to also tune to it E standard.
Here is a pic: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/12/img20120129191924.jpg/

Right now I am going to loosen the springs a lot, because I know I am going to need to tighten them.
Here is a pic: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/808/img20120129201230.jpg/
Jackson Soloist SL3
Line 6 HD147
Vintage Celestion 30 &
Last edited by mega d at Jan 29, 2012,
Apologies for bumping this thread but just in case anyone is looking at this for a solution. The solution is...add more springs. Right now I have 5 and i barely had to do any screw adjusting (after I unscrewed them from the farthest they would go). Guitar is Jackson SL3
Jackson Soloist SL3
Line 6 HD147
Vintage Celestion 30 &