I'm late to Gods Cab IR's, and I hate it. But that aside, I love them. I've only had about 30-60 minutes to mess with them so far, but I look forward to experimenting with all 700 of them after work this week. I threw together this mix real quick to try it out, without putting a lot of effort in I got a nice full sound I think, but its still needs improvement, so what do you think about the tone? what can be improved? what sucks ass about it and what is good about it?

http://soundcloud.com/lascailles-shroud/gc-ir-mix-test
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
I like this the riffage is great very aggressive. It's pretty good as is for a rough mix mate nice job. Things i would change, first off the drums and the velocities. Drums sound like a midi kit from a sound blaster card and the velocities all seem to be hitting 127 thus resulting in the machine gun effect. Most drum modules have decent humanize functions onboard which helps combat that problem. You can get real anal with it and go in and maniuplate all the velocites inside the project. It takes forever to do but the results are noticable and sounds way more realistic.

Secondly, was there any bass guitar on this? I did'nt hear or feel any. I suggest if you dont have a bass guitar record the bass line on a guitar and pitching it down will defo give your track some guts.

Guitars, sounded a bit out of tune in places you should get into the habbit of retuning after every take, PITA i know but keeps everything nice a perfect. Timing was also a bit loose in some areas that you might wanna tighten up on. The tone is good and would have more thunder with a thumping bass line to compliment them.

Not bashing on your track man i like it and look forward to hearing it all finished up, just pointing out things that jumped out that i would change.
Last edited by SHaun Steel at Jan 29, 2012,
Hey man thats what I need. No bass guitar now, the recording is an on the spot thing. Im less worried about the performance than the sound.

Drums were done quick too, a few patterns here and there - copy/ paste thats all.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.