Hey all!

So i'm putting together a pedal board.

I have:

Korg Tuner
Boss Phaser
MXR Classic Distortion
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah

What would be the best order to put them in? OBVIOUSLY tuner should go first lol
Try Tuner>Wah>MXR>EHX>Phaser. If your amp has an effects loop, just stick the phaser in there.
Quote by Ghold125
Try Tuner>Wah>MXR>EHX>Phaser. If your amp has an effects loop, just stick the phaser in there.

this.
Unless you want a weird sound, the only choice you have to make is if you want the distortion in front of the Big Muff or vice versa.

Most put the distortion first. Sometimes people like it the other way.
Quote by iwannabesedated
Most put the distortion first. Sometimes people like it the other way.

I'd say most put Fuzz first. mostly because distortion pedals often have buffers that you dont want right before a fuzz pedal.

also I agree with Tim, Klon should be somewhere about the middle
Tuner>Wah>Big Muff>Distortion>Phaser

The Big Muff and Distortion can go either way, since I doubt you'll be using them at the same time. If you do use them together then just play around with the order.

For the tuner and wah you could go either way as well, but I like to always have the tuner first so I can tune even with other pedals still engaged and I won't have to worry about them affecting my signal. If you have the wah off-board, then you could put it first.

And as always (and especially since you don't have many pedals), it always comes down to personal opinion. If someone tells you that Pedal X should always go in front of Pedal Y, and you like Pedal Y in front of Pedal X, then go with what you like better. There are no rules, just a general consensus.
Last edited by chip46 at Jan 29, 2012,
Quote by chip46
Tuner>Wah>Big Muff>Distortion>Phaser

The Big Muff and Distortion can go either way, since I doubt you'll be using them at the same time. If you do use them together then just play around with the order.

For the tuner and wah you could go either way as well, but I like to always have the tuner first so I can tune even with other pedals still engaged and I won't have to worry about them affecting my signal. If you have the wah off-board, then you could put it first.

And as always (and especially since you don't have many pedals), it always comes down to personal opinion. If someone tells you that Pedal X should always go in front of Pedal Y, and you like Pedal Y in front of Pedal X, then go with what you like better. There are no rules, just a general consensus.

Listen to this guy.