My roommate broke this about a year ago, I play my electric most of the time so I didnt care. I dug this outta my attic and Wanted to play it, but as you can see...
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Is the missing bridge and pins the only issue? You can get new ones for very cheap
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Get a new saddle and set of bridge pins. Plastic are cheap and cheerful, Bone are (supposedly) better, and still cheap. $20 or so?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
I remember, I still had the saddle, but I couldnt fit it back in. Perhaps it was just fubard. But, can I put the saddle in myself? seems like it should just pop in there

Are you sure you had, ""the saddle", or was it just, "a saddle". Big difference!

They come in different lengths and widths, plus some are proprietary.

Best thing to do, is cart it to the local music store. They usually have an assortment of saddles to pick from.

The only way the bridge would be "FUBAR", is if the correct saddle was loose and slopping around in the groove.

90% of bridge pins are a standard size. The new Ibanez 'Advantage" bridge pins are larger in diameter, and have to come from them. Imagine that!

Here's a page on saddles and top nuts: http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdproducts.asp?NameProdHeader=Nuts+%26+Saddles It should help you process the issue.

And yes, the correct saddle should just be a very, very light press fit.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 29, 2012,
The one on there before looked like this. But, I could swear that it laid on its side... or maybe thats just bad memory. idk

That's called a "compensated saddle". But no, it doesn't lay on its side. The face with all the goofy angles is the top.
I see, so it just slides in there then. Seems deceptively easy >.>
Thanks for the help guys.

the only thing you'll want to make sure of is that the saddle sits at the right height. the saddle is most of what sets your action on an acoustic, so if you buy a new one you'll probably have to sand it down until you get the action as low as possible without any buzz.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
well, thanks for the last post. If i hadnt known that, disaster wouldve ensued.

Quote by Iblis92
well, thanks for the last post. If i hadnt known that, disaster wouldve ensued.
Not quite. If you're simply putting the old saddle back in, the action will be exactly as it was before, for better or worse.

If you want a guide to acoustic set up, here it is: http://thbecker.net/guitar_playing/guitars_and_setup/setup_page_01.html

Read first, sand, cut, file, or polish later. Remember some operations you undertake, don't have a do over built in. Proceed with caution.