Hey Drum forum. Let's get down to business.

I used to play Rock Band 2 a shit ton back in the day and as a result, I bought a $350 ION Drum Rocker. I recently sold my PS3 and all the games, but I still have the ION kit sitting in my closet.

I was wondering if there was a software that I could use to set the certain pads to a certain sample sound. Example: Set the red pad to a snare, the green cymbal to a crash, etc.

PLEASE do not tell me about the Andrew Rudson drum machine software, I have tried it and it never works properly for me.

Thanks D-Forum.

-Syx
This post brought to you thoughtfully by Syx
.show_Gear://
.load_guitar: Jackson_Rhoads.24_frets
.load_amp: Crate_G40C
.load_pedals: Digitech_distortionfactory_7 ; Dunlop_original_crybaby
.load_mic: Shure_PG58
Quote by Steve08
Sounds like an application where Superior Drummer would apply... not sure if you have $200 to spend or, alternatively, the loose morals necessary to torrent it

This. Great bit of kit.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by Steve08
Sounds like an application where Superior Drummer would apply... not sure if you have $200 to spend or, alternatively, the loose morals necessary to torrent it

What are these morals you speak of?

How could I set it up to use the IONs with it? Or would it be pretty much Plug N Play?
Quote by asixex
What are these morals you speak of?

How could I set it up to use the IONs with it? Or would it be pretty much Plug N Play?

Does it have a MIDI out? If so you can use that to plug it into your computer but you will need a MIDI interface. They're pretty cheap to buy. You will also probably want some kind of sequencing software to run it on like cakewalk, also very cheap if you look in the right places
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
Does it have a MIDI out? If so you can use that to plug it into your computer but you will need a MIDI interface. They're pretty cheap to buy. You will also probably want some kind of sequencing software to run it on like cakewalk, also very cheap if you look in the right places

MIDI out? I'm assuming you mean a USB plug-in. Yes. I'm going to be getting Cubase later tonight. And, what exactly do you mean by MIDI Interface?
http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Midisport-Uno-MIDI-Interface/dp/B00007JRBM

This, basically. And yeah, assuming this ION thing is like a regular electronic kit, all you do is plug the MIDI end of that thing into the drum module/brain of the kit and then plug the other end into a USB port on your computer and all is ready to go.

As far as DAWs go I personally recommend Reaper but whatever floats your boat is perfectly fine in this situation.
Last edited by Steve08 at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by asixex
MIDI out? I'm assuming you mean a USB plug-in. Yes. I'm going to be getting Cubase later tonight. And, what exactly do you mean by MIDI Interface?

That's not it. A MIDI out is like a 5 pin circular plug. The USB is different because it uses the in built sounds from your kit which I'm assuming you don't want.
EH

You may need a drum module (They sell them on the site where they sell the ION kits.) It hooks up to whatever amplification you may have. I don't know any details, but I do know it's about 300 bucks. I don't know of any other way.

EDIT: Look up the Alesis DM5 or DM6. The ION set is made to work with DM5. Just remember the pedal is NOT made to work.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Last edited by S0n1c '97 at Jan 30, 2012,
@S0n1c '97
I've already looked up the modules. The DM6 is made to work with the ION kit. Not the DM5.

I've been thinking maybe I should just buy an E-Drum kit and work it out from there. Less to go through.