I've recently been looking into getting a new amp. I've pretty much worked out that tubes are the way to go for the tone I want (warm, vintage). But other than that i don't have much idea on what i want. I have about $600 in vouchers and stuff for my local music store from Christmas/Birthday so i guess that's my budget (i have no income). I play a les Paul with a Seymour Duncan Screamin' Demon bridge pickup and a Gibson 490r in the neck. I play mostly Blues Classic Rock and a little punk. Any suggestions? I've looked at stuff like the Bugera V22 and Jet City's 20w combo, can't remember what it's called, so far.
[404]Signature not found
Bugeras are good, try out the Fender Blues Junior if thats what you're after. I just got a Kustom Defender that I'm quite happy with, check those out too
Fender Blues Junior would be a fine choice. They'll do punk very well too, you just have to crank the volume to 11.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by billtsas
Vox AC15?

Isn't that like $800+?

That's Australian dollars.
[404]Signature not found
Last edited by jmaguire at Jan 29, 2012,
orange tiny terror, dark terror, dual terror. blackstar ht 20/40. jet city jca20 or jca22h. ibanez tube screamer amp. theres heaps of low wattage tube amps.
Yeah. I'm in Australia so everything is more expensive here
[404]Signature not found
Well that changes everything. You really should have said that before. You won't be able to afford a BJ unless they have a used one. Really, with that money you should go see what they have available used and then come back and tell us.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Was just at the store then. They didn't really have anything used that fits the bill. They did have a Jet City 20w combo amp for $650. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll end up getting.
[404]Signature not found
Fine amp. You could do a lot worse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Two amps that would fit you perfectly and are in your price range are the blackheart handsome devil and the Ibanez tsa15. I love both of them for the price. The Ibanez has the tubescreamer circuit built in, so you get that warm od that you are looking for. Cleans are awesome too.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by Cathbard
Well that changes everything. You really should have said that before. You won't be able to afford a BJ unless they have a used one. Really, with that money you should go see what they have available used and then come back and tell us.

Quote by Cathbard
You won't be able to afford a BJ unless they have a used one.

Quote by Cathbard
You won't be able to afford a BJ.

Quote by Cathbard
BJ

I see what you did there...

TS: Buy a used orange or Jet City. Just look around. Maybe check the local ads.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
The Jet City will be a fine amp for you then, with the stock tubes they sound alright but a full tube swap will really make that amp shine
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I was pleasantly surprised by the Jet City I tried late last year.
It's in your price range and as Flux'D says, it'll be great for now and a little later on (when you have an income) buy some new tubes and you'll be amazed.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.