I was REALLY close to selling my PRS SE Custom 24 today, but I decided to just upgrade the pickups.

The guitar has a mahogany body with a maple neck.

I'm looking to spend no more than $150 per pickup. I play mostly punk, fast rock, and some hardcore. For a neck pickup, I'd like something that will give me nice clear clean tones.

If that's not enough info just ask

EDIT: Looking for passive pickups running through a B-52 solid state head and two Veteran 30's from WGS (pretty much celestion v30s)
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
Last edited by JRib1216 at Jan 29, 2012,
What's your amp?
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
The best pickups that are being made are bare knuckle pickups. Honestly, a pickup should not sound that good, it's impossible to understand.
Quote by dark Mass
What's your amp?

A B-52 LS 100 through two Veteran 30s (pretty much Celestion V30s)
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Quote by JRib1216
A B-52 LS 100 through two Veteran 30s (pretty much Celestion V30s)

You might want to get yourself a new amp instead of getting new pups.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by dark Mass
You might want to get yourself a new amp instead of getting new pups.

I agree, but I like that head because I don't have much of a pedalboard and it's nice having 2 gain channels. I use one for boost and one as a regular distorted channel
TABBERS WANTED
Quote by JRib1216
I was REALLY close to selling my PRS SE Custom 24 today, but I decided to just upgrade the pickups.

The guitar has a mahogany body with a maple neck.

I'm looking to spend no more than $150 per pickup. I play mostly punk, fast rock, and some hardcore. For a neck pickup, I'd like something that will give me nice clear clean tones.

If that's not enough info just ask

EDIT: Looking for passive pickups running through a B-52 solid state head and two Veteran 30's from WGS (pretty much celestion v30s)

What don't you specifically like about your current tones from that guitar? Describe it's flaws in a sentance.

I'd initially reccomend having a look for anyone selling the pickups out of the PRS Custom/CE guitars. Not too sure if they still use the HFS/Dragon sets in the new models (played an '11 Custom 24 the other week, sounded amazing in every way).

Quote by Thrasher117
The best pickups that are being made are bare knuckle pickups. Honestly, a pickup should not sound that good, it's impossible to understand.

Oh fuck off. BKP + Mahogany = worse than cancer.
Quote by Kikuta
What don't you specifically like about your current tones from that guitar? Describe it's flaws in a sentance.

I'd initially reccomend having a look for anyone selling the pickups out of the PRS Custom/CE guitars. Not too sure if they still use the HFS/Dragon sets in the new models (played an '11 Custom 24 the other week, sounded amazing in every way).

Oh fuck off. BKP + Mahogany = worse than cancer.

The neck pickup is really too muddy sounding for my liking. I like more of a springy, but bassy sounding clean, which is what I'd use that pickup for. And as for the bridge, I'd like to find one more fit specifically for heavier distortion, but not crazy drop-tunings. The lowest I can see myself EVER playing is drop-c and that might just be for fun learning a song.
TABBERS WANTED
Quote by Thrasher117

for certain applications. i am sure BG could blow a barekunckle (and vice versa) out of the ground if you knew how you wanted it spec'd and they are $75. hand wound in USA. if you don't belive me go log onto H-C. see what they are saying about him.

his PAF's are amazing. its a bummer you don't get the best demos.

i am going to be going with a Hellabucker in bridge and whatever he this is best in neck for a LP.

just like to throw him out there he is a good guy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/