Hi!

I need some suggestions for a cheaper small guitar tube amp for home recording, something thats around 5 - 15 watt power, not too loud - gonna use it in a bedroom. Budget is around 500 $. I've been looking at the Blackstar HT-5 and I liked it, but it lacks the ability to EQ the clean channel (the EQ is only for the overdrive channel). I guess I'm trying to find an amp with a good clean sound (with EQ), but it should also take pedals well (such as overdrive pedals).

Ole
Check my sig for the amp I used in my recordings.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Peavey Studio 20w
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Even 20w can be excessive in home use situations. My Laney Cub manages to pi$$ my girlfriend off when I crank it, and it's only 5w with an 8" cone.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by elo89
Hi!

I need some suggestions for a cheaper small guitar tube amp for home recording, something thats around 5 - 15 watt power, not too loud - gonna use it in a bedroom. Budget is around 500 $. I've been looking at the Blackstar HT-5 and I liked it, but it lacks the ability to EQ the clean channel (the EQ is only for the overdrive channel). I guess I'm trying to find an amp with a good clean sound (with EQ), but it should also take pedals well (such as overdrive pedals).

Ole

find a 1965-1977 champ.

it's what you want.
ive got the crate 15w flexwave. small, but packs a punch. and not too expensive. has a clean channel and an overdrive channel. pedals must be inline. but i think its a good choice for going small and still gettin that punch.
Quote by ahenderson
ive got the crate 15w flexwave. small, but packs a punch. and not too expensive. has a clean channel and an overdrive channel. pedals must be inline. but i think its a good choice for going small and still gettin that punch.

No, I have one and the OD is awful. Makes me vomit. The cleans are ok.

Get a small quality tube amp TS.
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
I recommend the Peavey Mini Colossal if you can find one (a studio amp Satriani actually used for recordings). It's 5 watts, but pretty darn loud when cranked. What I like about it (although just one channel... clean) is that it handles pedals well and sounds great even at low volumes and, as important, has an XLR out so you can send it direct to a mixer for recording... you don't have to mic it. A lot of my earlier recordings were with this amp (until I shifted to my Pritchard).
Traynor YCV20 or Vox AC15C1.
Does anyone know the song that goes: ba ba bah, ba ba buh, bu ba bum, ba ba bah, ba bu buh, bu bu bum, bu ba bu bu bum baam?
get a vox ac4 combo, it sounds amazin, and you can turn it down to 1/4 watts so that you can turn it right up and it'll ok for home recording volumes
my gear:

italia maranello speedster 1

vox ac4

yamaha delay

electro harmonix little big muff

freshman apollo electro acoustic

dunlop cry baby wah

epiphone acoustic