I'd say it's worth it, worst comes to worst you can make it a project guitar.
yeah i'd say its worth about the price you got him down to.. the trem will be pretty shitty though. If you want the guitar mainly for the tremolo save and watch out for a rg570 or any other rg5xx guitars. You can usually pick those up for like $350ish sometimes less. The project guitar arguement for these is stupid simply because the rg570 can be had for cheaper then modding one of the cheapo ones.

The tremolo on the MIJ rg5xxs is top notch and the guitar itself will be of much better japan build also.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jan 29, 2012,
Quote by coolstoryangus
the trem will be pretty shitty though. .

How so? Bar falls out, De-Tunes, etc?

This will be my first Floyd. My 3 Epiphones obviously don't have it.
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom Bulls-Eye
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Epiphone G400
Epiphone Thunderbird

Fender Frontman 212R

MXR '78 Badass Distortion
MXR Wylde ZW-44 Overdrive
MXR Black Label Chorus
Boss TU-2
Dunlop Wah
low end ibanez trems = rubbish.
As i said if you're after a trem you want to look for a rg570/560/550, any of those with the original edge or lo pro edge. It'll cost (250-400 USDs) a bit more but it'll be worth it for tuning if you want the guitar exclusively for the trem. Not to mention the guitar itself will be way better since its made in japan and all that..
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jan 29, 2012,
I'll think about it. I kinda just want it for a different/more metal sound. The Floyd is just a plus (Divebombs... Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah!!!!!!!!!) It will most likely be a "mess around" guitar for when I feel like playing Prog stuff (Dream Theater) or getting heavy tone (Megadeth, Metallica). My Zakk Wylde LP w/Active EMG's pretty much takes care of everything else.
Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom Bulls-Eye
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
Epiphone G400
Epiphone Thunderbird

Fender Frontman 212R

MXR '78 Badass Distortion
MXR Wylde ZW-44 Overdrive
MXR Black Label Chorus
Boss TU-2
Dunlop Wah
Just something to keep in mind if the trem is the selling point.. even if it isnt a trem does effect tuning and the like.