Epiphone is doing a crapload of new guitars for this year. These are defiantly the ones i find interesting.

http://www.epiphone.com/News/Features/Features/2012/All-New-Prophecy-Les-Paul-Customs-Better-Than-Ever.aspx

What does everyone think overall?

One thing is for sure. I want one. Those guitars are gorgeous. Very LTD-ish though.

Does anyone have any idea when these guitars are released?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 29, 2012,
All I can say is f**k yea! I'm defiantly gunna look into buying one of these I've had a good experience with epiphone and will dif look into these
What i do know is that mine has served me well. Great guitar for the price.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'd take the blue/black ones, but the red/sunburst have really ugly looking pickups.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
How are the Gibson 490 pups? Are they better than the burstbuckers? Haven't tried a guitar with them but they seem to be on the mid-range gibsons.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
I don't like EMGs, I'd rather take SD Blackouts, but I REALLY like the black. If I couldn't find anything better in Rondomusic, RJ Guitar Center, or in GFS, I'd look into getting one, assuming I have the money.
Quote by JKHC
How are the Gibson 490 pups? Are they better than the burstbuckers? Haven't tried a guitar with them but they seem to be on the mid-range gibsons.

Some say Burstbuckers are better. But i would disagree. They're just a different kind of pickup voicing and a lot of it depends a lot on the guitar itself. Its like saying a V30 Celestian is better than a G12T. Neither one is really better than the other, its just a different take on the same concept.

I think 490's are a bit hotter than Burstbuckers. But Burstbuckers have nicer cleans.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 30, 2012,
That looks quite promising.

I don't like the look of uncovered pickups though. Not on those guitars anyway. Makes them look cheap. But they do look nice. I won't buy one though.
If you want one, you know who to ask....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
They had better do that blue EMG one in left handed. I love my Epi, would happily buy another.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
These Epi's come with hard cases, but Gibson Studio Fadeds don't?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I wish they'd add a V and a proper explorer(not that fugly futura) to the Prophecy line.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
I wish they'd add a V and a proper explorer(not that fugly futura) to the Prophecy line.

They look WAY better irl.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 30, 2012,
For that price I could already have a Faded Studio.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I had one of the prophecies, the ex with the emg 81/85, was alright, no great. only guitar I have bought from ebay and also the only guitar I have sold.

Also I personally like the 490, they came in my gibson explorer and would have stayed in it if a set of bare knuckles hadn't come alone for next to nothing. although I'm a bit disappointed. The old passive prophecies had dirty fingers.