I recently bought a tube amp with midi functions from overseas. Now i kind of regret it because of one reason:

I did not consider the costs of repair if my amp breaks down...also im not sure if midi enabled tube amps would have too many advanced electronics for local repair shops to fix it so if it breaks down i would have to send the amp back to the amp manufacturer to get it repaired.

So can anyone give me advice on the following questions:

Do midi enabled tube amps cost more to repair compared to normal tube amps?

How to avoid getting scammed on amp repairs? im not knowledgeable on tube amps so any tips on how to spot if the repair shop is trying to cheat you?
I now have a signature
Well if the midi part of it breaks you'll need to replace the midi module.

It generally should not affect the rest of the amp in that if the midi control circuit breaks, it won't require you to repair the tube parts of the circuit.

however, a control unit failure could cause your amp to not function correctly.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
1. Depends on what breaks.

2. You'd have to learn all about the amp, know what does what, how hard it is to get to; in short, unless you know enough to fix it yourself there's no way to know.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What amp is it?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
What amp is it?

engl savage.
I now have a signature
Quote by Cathbard
1. Depends on what breaks.

2. You'd have to learn all about the amp, know what does what, how hard it is to get to; in short, unless you know enough to fix it yourself there's no way to know.

ok but generally what are the expensive parts of the amp that can be spoiled? I only know a few components of the amps such as pcb boards,tubes,transformers....
I now have a signature
Quote by jnsw
ok but generally what are the expensive parts of the amp that can be spoiled? I only know a few components of the amps such as pcb boards,tubes,transformers....

The most expensive thing that will fail on you would be the transformers.

I wouldn't be too worried about the ENGL Savage failing, those amps are very well built.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It'll probably outlast you. Just have spare tubes ready to go and you'll be fine.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification