A
148 83%
B
67 38%
Piss myself first, then lie down in fetal position
74 42%
Voters: 178.
Page 1 of 3
I was thinking about this today and I frankly do not know what I personally would do if I was in this think-fast situation.

So, let's presume it's late at night in the middle of the city. You're walking home when suddenly, you come across a dark alley and notice a damsel in distress being violently threatened by a shady character who may or may not be armed.

What would you do? You have two options;

A) Confront the mugger and risk having a knife or pistol waved to your face;

or

B) Don't confront the mugger knowing damn well that the person being mugged may be robbed, raped, wounded and/or killed, and having to deal with great guilt for the rest of your life?

And let's just say it's only one mugger and that you are alone, with no friends as reinforcements.

Personally, I think my main plan of action would be to piss myself.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Coltrane

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
No idea. Maybe discretely call the police while following them. But if there's anything nearby I can use as a weapon, that's good too...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Move to a safer location and call the police. I'm not risking my safety for a stranger in a situation like that.
I'd give the mugger a hand.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Assuming they hadn't seen me, probably pick up the nearest heavy object and whack them in the back of the head.
Make a whole shit ton of noise? Isn't that regarded as the primary rape/attack prevention tool?

Just yell until you've woken up the entire block, you won't get shanked and the potential crisis will be avoided.
I couldn't think of a thing that I hope tomorrow brings
A and B while pissing myself in the fetal position.

Seriously though, call the police.
West Ham United
The majority of the Pit would do nothing because: 1, they do not believe in physical violence, and 2,"Fuck da police!"

OT: I would call the police.

Also, PICK ALL THE OPTIONS!
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 29, 2012,
Throw a rock from a distance.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by King Donkey
A and B while pissing myself in the fetal position.

Seriously though, call the police.

I'm not saying your sig is aliens

but it's aliens

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Mugger you say?

No thank you, not for me.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by SteveHouse
I'm not saying your sig is aliens

but it's aliens

But is such a thing possible?
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
But is such a thing possible?

yes it is

SHEdit: theres a poll? AND ITS CHECKBOXES

EVERY OPTION

WHO DIDN'T EVERY OPTION

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I almost feel like I should start a company that sells gimmick safety clothing if ever all my other plans go wrong;

- A belt buckle with a bullet inside;
- Gloves with palm pads that create electricity when rubbed together;
- A suit that can send out electromagnetic pulses through telepathy;
- Other neat shit that may never exist.

The apple always falls close to the tree, but the tree always falls on the power lines.
Quote by SteveHouse
yes it is

SHEdit: theres a poll? AND ITS CHECKBOXES

EVERY OPTION

WHO DIDN'T EVERY OPTION

So far my guess is Macabre_Turtle, for his pseudophilosophical post.
West Ham United
its gotta be A....i always carry some sort of weapon with me, plus i volunteer with the auxiliary police here in nyc for a couple of summers, good times
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
I'm 6'3" and 220 lbs, and look every bit of a redblooded american;armed and dangerous...Hell yes I'll step up.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Bystander effect. There's no way to know what you would do unless you were actually in that situation.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by Weaponized
Let the mugger do his thing, then mug him. Double profit!

R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
We'll first of all yet me tell you this, quickly scan the damsel top to bottom, if shes a looker i would drop kick the mugger and probably take a few hits in the process then take weopon if there is one, if not knock him out. And then you have the babe saying OMG you saved me, then a nice night of sex, there you have it.
Quote by jonxiphos
We'll first of all yet me tell you this, quickly scan the damsel top to bottom, if shes a looker i would drop kick the mugger and probably take a few hits in the process then take weopon if there is one, if not knock him out. And then you have the babe saying OMG you saved me, then a nice night of sex, there you have it.
This of course, is exactly what I wouldn't be thinking of at that moment.

Quote by King Donkey
So far my guess is Macabre_Turtle, for his pseudophilosophical post.

I actually hadn't voted, and I was going to vote now to fix it, but the poll is to far gone.
Quote by CorvetteRick
Option C) Make a witty Seinfeld reference.

Ehhhh......that's a shame.

But I would probably at least attempt to do something. You never know, the mugger might just take off if he/she sees someone chasing them.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
I actually hadn't voted, and I was going to vote now to fix it, but the poll is to far gone.

Oh then do forgive me, sir.
West Ham United
I'm a big, heavy, strong guy, and given he's focused on his victim, it's fair to say he's not noticing me. I have faith in my ability to slam into him like a wrecking ball, which, assuming concrete ground to fall on with all that force, should result in at the very least a rib contusion or two, which would make keeping him pinned while the victim calls the cops easy enough.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by Spartan101400
You pull out your gun and command him to drop his weapon

'murica

Then he pulls out his gun and shoots you dead, because you never planned on actually having to use it.

Justice.
West Ham United
I'm not a coward and I'm female and I'd do something to help.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
I would call the cops from a safe distance, find some kind of weapon like a long branch, and hit the mugger in the head from behind like an asshole and then when he's on the floor I would hold him down and tell the victim to help me hold him down while we await the police to arrive.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by King Donkey
Then he pulls out his gun and shoots you dead, because you never planned on actually having to use it.

Justice.

He doesn't have a gun because he's White

Depending on the area and how they looked, how far away it was happening, I'd probably just yell HEY, what the **** are you doing?

And see if that'd cause them to run.

If someone pulls something on me every part of my body says kill, it's not wise to pull a weapon you're not gonna use, the person you're using the weapon on honestly shouldn't even have a chance to get a good look at it.
Last edited by stratkat at Jan 30, 2012,
trash can sheild and stray cat for a swinging mace
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Spartan101400
He doesn't have a gun because he's White

But suppose the mugger was a criminal?
West Ham United