hello ug I have 300 dollars to spend on a new guitar, I could probably scrape up to 50 $ more! so i need suggestions, i play punk, ska and some metal. I currently play an Ibanez rg120 and started gigging so i need a guitar that will take a beating. I use a Metal muff for distortion. i want it to have a humbucker on the bridge and neck. Passive pickups are good. I was looking into epiphone lps, or sgs. i also like explorer shaped guitars like the ltd ex-50. please help!!
press ctrl + w
Last edited by chestercheetah at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by chestercheetah
hello ug I have 300 dollars to spend on a new guitar! so i need suggestions, i play punk, ska and some metal. I currently play an Ibanez rg120 and started gigging so i need a guitar that will take a beating. I use a Metal muff for distortion. i want it to have a humbucker on the bridge i was thinking maybe an epiphone LP?

what amp?
used ok?
location?
other pedals?
other gear?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
i play a crate gfx h1200, the metal muff is my only pedal
yea i could go used.
oklahoma
press ctrl + w
I know you just answered some of this stuff, but if you could update your OP with this info, we could give you some good suggestions, rather than shots in the dark

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497696
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X