Page 2 of 9
Quote by Raijouta
Because of weight limits, I'm guessing rack effects are out then? What are the dimensions of the box to be?

Ya, I don't think any rack FX are gonna fit in the box.

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/uspsProductDetailMultiSkuDropDown.jsp?productId=P_LARGE_FRB&categoryId=subcatMSS_B_Free
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
You don't have to swap anything out. If you just wanna mess around with some pedals for a couple days, that's cool too. IIRC, I didn't swap anything last time. Not posting pics of the box until the very end though. The whole point is for it to be a surprise. Charity is an idea. Though I was thinking something that gave something back to whoever originally donated. Or maybe a post your sob story and whoever makes me cry gets all the leftovers?

True, but I'm not one for messing around with pedals unless I can get it if I desire GAS tempts me everyday, even just looking at pedals I get major GAS Plus my post office isn't the greatest of workers... Sometimes they can make a small package take a month till it's actually shipped and on to it's next location unless you pay out the ass for the shipping... So I'm staying out for that reason too, plus I'm pretty sure they don't cover lost or stolen packages so I can't meet the requirments.

I guess that makes it less of a surprise Just post all the pics at the end, that way we all can see what was in that box at one time or another! I would love to see what was there, might make me GAS a little.

The charity was an idea because I seen there was no noting on what happened afterwards. The sob stories would be entertaining though

Cheers,
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by mmolteratx
Copypasta. That dude was just a troll. He posted it in the Pit too.

That's like 20 pedals. Not even a large priority box full of wahs would be that much.

welp when I sent Tim a box with 4 wahs we were also only able to get 4 or 5 Boss pedals in it before it was overweight. Shouldn't be an issue but just a friendly heads up
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
if it comes to Aus this year I'm out.

Paid for 2 lots of international shipping, 1st one came back to me with no reasoning, and the second one disappeared off the face of the earth.
I'm in, I've got a couple of pedals I wouldn't mind swapping. Located in Southern Indiana so I doubt I'd be the one shipping it overseas but I could slip in a few bucks... if it stayed in the box
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Who has PayPal account? Delegate them to be the one to ship internationally.

Those who want to be in on the Mystery Box for each continent could chip in a small fee to the one who has the PayPal account.

Sure, each individual on each continent is going to have their own national shipping charges, but if we passed on a couple (insert local currency) to the international shipper, everything might balance out.

Also: I saw some map application once upon a time that allowed members of a group to place a pin on their location. What of doing something similar to see who is all in, and where the box is?
Someone should swap a klon for a ds-1. :
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I think we need to work out who will be involved in this before doing a route plan/payment plan. That way we can work out geographically the most cost efficient way of shipping. My god that's a lot of big words.
Here's the list of people who have shown interest thus far. If I missed anyone just post again saying that you're interested. This list is still subject to change as Matt see's fit, based on his criteria (certain post count, time as a member, WTLT/PBT status, etc). Maybe Matt can post this in the OP.

joe_k
Eppicurt
Dan_5893
SimplyBen
greeny23
WtrPlyr
darkwolf291
lbj273
AngryGoldfish
Roc8995
Raijouta
stykerwolf
Xter
AtaBorMan
Flux'D
Wisthekiller

Edit: Once we get closer to having a definitive list I'll go through and sort them by regions to make it easier to see who's near who.
Last edited by chip46 at Jan 30, 2012,
I've still got some regular stuff. I didn't go that far in my rig upgrade. Still got a modded GCB-95, Decimator, the KoT clone and some others.

Updated the OP. Let's start talking restrictions. I'm thinking WTLT/PBT member or 1000 posts.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by darkwolf291
Dom started the mystery box

HCFX started the mystery box.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
I've still got some regular stuff. I didn't go that far in my rig upgrade. Still got a modded GCB-95, Decimator, the KoT clone and some others.

Updated the OP. Let's start talking restrictions. I'm thinking WTLT/PBT member or 1000 posts.

I agree.
Nothing against anyone.
I just don't trust people.
We need to stick with people we know won't screw us.
Quote by Dan_5893
I think we need to work out who will be involved in this before doing a route plan/payment plan. That way we can work out geographically the most cost efficient way of shipping. My god that's a lot of big words.

If it's priority mail in the U.S. it doesn't matter as it will cost the same to ship the box from LA to NY as it would to mail it a state over.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jan 30, 2012,
No, I know that. That's why I said we plan the route so that there is a big enough group of people in one area who can all ship to each other very cheaply, and then split international shipping.
If there will be a donation to some poor sap at the end I have a Boss CH-1 that I NEVER use. I'd be happy to donate it. If anyone in SoCal (LA/Orange county, possibly SD) will get the box I would drop it off with them before hand.
Quote by darkwolf291
I agree.
Nothing against anyone.
I just don't trust people.
We need to stick with people we know won't screw us.

I will seriously video the opening AND sealing of the box in order to ensure that I can participate if the "who can do it" is by contributions (due to the fact I have one and no one likes it).
Interesting! I don't have a 1000 posts in the WTLT or PBT though.

Wtr, can I just come over to your place when it gets there?
Quote by WtrPlyr
Sure, but remember I don't live in Tilburg anymore

Oh right!

Tell me what's in there, and I'll come over to Sealand if it's interesting enough.
I'd love to be in on this. I've got three quality pedals I don't use anymore that I'd throw in.
Quote by Y00p
Interesting! I don't have a 1000 posts in the WTLT or PBT though.

Wtr, can I just come over to your place when it gets there?

They don't need to be in the WTLT or PB threads. You're good to go if interested.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

So I can't join?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
should we do like, an EU one and an American one? then at the end we send the EU one to the US and the US one to EU and go back to the start. it will be a non stop cycle of pedals going around.
though yes shipping across the ocean needs money. everyone should chip in, after all it's only going twice intercontinental with the current scheme right?
Quote by AtaBorMan
So I can't join?

Got any references?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT