Hi, recently bought a Whammy 4, but the seller didnt mention the fact that its got problems with it. Basically as i turn the dial, it selects the presets in a clockwise direction, whether i turn the dial clockwise or anticlockwise, meaning that if i miss the preset i want, i have to go through the entire cycle again to get to the one i want. (hope that makes sense!) This is probably a simple fix but im not experienced when it comes to fixing pedals.
Secondly, theres no tension at all in the pedal, its either on or off. Do i just tighten the screws?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Sounds like whomever you bought it from abused it. I'd get your money back.

The dial problem sounds like a bad/broken potentiometer (pot). Not sure how hard that would be to fix/replace honestly - I think it is digitally controlled maybe. It may not be a pot it may just be a switch. Either way - probably difficult.

Unfortunately, the answer is much the same for the expression pedal itself. Damn man get your money back. I did see on google that there are some mods to this pedal so maybe poke around in some of these places for more ideas.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&site=&source=hp&q=digitech+whammy+4+mods&psj=1&oq=digitech+whammy+4&aq=2&aqi=g7g-v3&aql=&gs_sm=c&gs_upl=4909l9680l0l12299l17l17l0l5l5l0l139l1202l8.4l12l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=b7dabb026280a31f&biw=1615&bih=947
try calibrating it and tightening the hinge.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Thanks guys, i'll try and get my money back if i can, i dont fancy having to spend hours fixing the pot - but i will calibrate and tighten the screws to fix the tension if i have no luck getting my money back haha.