Hey guys!

Just wanted to see what you think of my band's new song that we recorded a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWm85ZF0Kmk

http://onadatewithshelby.bandcamp.com/track/all-too-familiar

Complete with gang vocal chorus and meaningless lyrics!

Feel free to share your opinion! If anything, feedback is what we need. Regardless of whether it's harsh or not.

Thanks!

EDIT: Added a Youtube link to our lyric video for the track.
Last edited by crisisinheaven at Feb 1, 2012,
Quote by Strelnecov
well it's not punk.
it's rich white boy music aimed at rich white girls.
but you did it right,
good job boys.

Haha thanks for the heads up. All this time we thought we were playing black man funk aimed at the average working class man.
Your song in some way reminds me of Green Day, which I listen to rather occasionally, it's just I'm not the biggest fan of them, though I like your song, it's composed well and the recording has professional quality, so keep up the good work. Cheers
crisisinheaven,
Thanks for the review(s)! I can honestly say your song is really good! Radio-worthy good! Gave me goosebumps! Except for the singer popping the mic once (a pop guard could help, I personally turn my head if I think I might pop the mic), the audio quality is excellent. It's funny, I thought I heard the mic pop the first time I heard it, but 3 plays later I never hear it. The video works well for the very good lyrics. Virtually everything on this recording is really well done. I'm looking for a free download if you have one (found it!). Great job overall!
Last edited by aaron aardvark at Feb 1, 2012,
Quote by aaron aardvark
crisisinheaven,
Thanks for the review(s)! I can honestly say your song is really good! Radio-worthy good! Gave me goosebumps! Except for the singer popping the mic once (a pop guard could help, I personally turn my head if I think I might pop the mic), the audio quality is excellent. It's funny, I thought I heard the mic pop the first time I heard it, but 3 plays later I never hear it. The video works well for the very good lyrics. Virtually everything on this recording is really well done. I'm looking for a free download if you have one (found it!). Great job overall!

Thanks dude, yeah the pop is there. You're not imagining things haha. Unfortunately that's all because we recorded everything at our singer/guitarist's house, and then sent the ProTools session over to a friend of ours for mixing. As you'd probably guess, we didn't have the best of recording gear at hand! Our mixing friend is amazing. He did such a great job with it.
Quote by em!ly
You remind me of bowling for soup, its likeable pop-punk, its cool, its very catchy radio friendly esque stuff, but its well produced and compared to some, quite well written, good job

The terrible thing is, and don't shoot me for saying it - but ever since 1985, I've never heard another Bowling For Soup song.
Mixing sounds professional. As posted above, this reminds me of Bowling For Soup. It's radio-friendly, catchy, and fun. I didn't like the gang vocals; it could've been done better, but it builds up to an awesome chorus!
I liked the video, but how "cos" was spelled annoyed me.