Page 1 of 5
http://www.siliconrepublic.com/new-media/item/25502-eu-countries-including/

You know you can't trust your government when you have to hear this shit from out-of-country web sites and not the actual people running your country.

Even worse is it that the only person sent to oversee it is so disgusted about the process that he quits, and nobody bats an eyelid.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20120126/11014317553/european-parliament-official-charge-acta-quits-denounces-masquerade-behind-acta.shtml

You may be thinking this is Just SOPA once more. And you'd be right- except this one is worldwide, and inches from going into effect.

Ladies and gentlemen; I give you the front seat ticket to the end of the internet as we know it.
F*cking great..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Våd Hamster
I would also like to bring to your attention the new Google privacy policy:

http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/preview/

Especially the part where they will share your private information, if it is deemed 'For legal reasons' is particularly interesting.

Be careful what you search for in the future...

I received an email...I was getting ready to hold my breath and start reading.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
I received an email...I was getting ready to hold my breath and start reading.

It's a curious timing they've hit, huh.
-sigh- the world makes me want to cry... i think i just may....

"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
Welcome to the future...

In other news the EU is pushing for individuals to be able to control data about themselves on the internet. I was trying to find the article again (read it on a swedish site) but couldn't find it. It's a law that makes sense so I'm guessing it got forgotten about...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Welcome to the future...

In other news the EU is pushing for individuals to be able to control data about themselves on the internet. I was trying to find the article again (read it on a swedish site) but couldn't find it. It's a law that makes sense so I'm guessing it got forgotten about...

Yeah, if it's the same thing I'm thinking about then it was with regards to all data, including the internet. It had the following:

To give individuals the “right to be forgotten” i.e. to give individuals the right to demand removal of data where there is no legitimate reason for retaining it.

http://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=96a76b33-7607-47dc-8511-a2cfcbb2fc12
Quote by Våd Hamster
I would also like to bring to your attention the new Google privacy policy:

http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/preview/

Especially the part where they will share your private information, if it is deemed 'For legal reasons' is particularly interesting.

Be careful what you search for in the future...

I just switched to Firefox and Bing, that'll teach 'em!

Quote by frankv
I think you'll find that 1984 was written in the late '40s.

But it's set in 1984 He was only 28 years off.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

How will it affect you outside any of these countries?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
oh well

i'll just quit the internet, buy more things legally instead of just most, and generally be very bored most of the time
no big

its like fighting death, sometimes life is just unfair like that, no use complaining
Quote by sfaune92
How will it affect you outside any of these countries?

These? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ACTA_parties.png

It probably won't at first, until the EU or US kidnaps you to their soil and charges you there like they did the MU guys.

Quote by frankv
^Not signed by The Netherlands either.

Could SOPA/PIPA have been meant as a distraction from this?

I wondered the same thing.

Quote by Ichikurosaki
oh well

i'll just quit the internet, buy more things legally instead of just most, and generally be very bored most of the time
no big

its like fighting death, sometimes life is just unfair like that, no use complaining

People like you are the reason the world is shit.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Oh no! I have to buy my music now!!!

And stop making youtube covers, use quotes from other media, and have all your internet information scrutinized by your ISP, etc...
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by Ichikurosaki
oh well

no big

I hate attitudes like this. There's plenty of use complaining.

This act is bullshit. Another reason why I ****ing hate the EU. It's an act designed so obviously to spy on us and no doubt for advertisers to have even more power, dressed up in a "it's here to help you guys, honest" way.

You want to know when a politician is lying? their lips move.
Well phuck you very much. Communist revolution anyone?

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by frankv
But the whole shebang, according to the book, was meant to start in the '50s. Only 60 years off, eh?

Yeah. Well. Shut up.
I haven't even read it yet.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

So, we should all start using firefox?

and bing search engine?
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by rocknrollstar
When does ACTA go in to effect? I've got covers on youtube. I'm obviously a dangerous individual and should not be trusted.

Who knows? Government leaders are going to extreme lengths to keep everything under the radar. You probably won't know until they shut off your internet and you find the bill in your mail.

Quote by son_of_bodom
So, we should all start using firefox?

and bing search engine?

Already switched myself.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
go ahead and complain, there's nothing you can do now, accept it, it's easier

Yiu know, I doubt any of the great revolutions would happen with that kind of attitude.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo

And yet the governments are wasting so ****ing much of their time trying to stop people downloading music...
On the whole google-thing, havent that kind of stuff always been there? But theyre actually making it only one policy across all their stuff, instead of 40 different ones. They have always tracked what you have searched on google, but youtube couldnt acess that information, it can now.
Or is there something else there that I missed?
Quote by Våd Hamster
Who knows? Government leaders are going to extreme lengths to keep everything under the radar. You probably won't know until they shut off your internet and you find the bill in your mail.

Already switched myself.

Hmmm. Don't know whether to leave the covers up because I disagree with the act, or take them down because there's no way I could pay the fine. This genuinely makes me sad.

I already use Firefox. I take it that both Firefox and Bing are not giving out our private information?

Quote by Ichikurosaki
go ahead and complain, there's nothing you can do now, accept it, it's easier

Your apathy (or is this trolling?) doesn't help. If you care about music, you'd realize just how serious this is.
Quote by flxjhnlrssn
On the whole google-thing, havent that kind of stuff always been there? But theyre actually making it only one policy across all their stuff, instead of 40 different ones. They have always tracked what you have searched on google, but youtube couldnt acess that information, it can now.

This person uploads covers on Youtube, let's check his google seartch results to see if he torrents too...
Quote by flxjhnlrssn

The part where they will give out any of your information if it's for 'legal reasons'. Which ACTA will make pretty much everything.

Quote by rocknrollstar
Hmmm. Don't know whether to leave the covers up because I disagree with the act, or take them down because there's no way I could pay the fine. This genuinely makes me sad.

I already use Firefox. I take it that both Firefox and Bing are not giving out our private information?

Not yet. But if ACTA passes the government could simply shut down those services for not complying.

Yes, they can do that. It's all there.
Last edited by Våd Hamster at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by a_7_x
This person uploads covers on Youtube, let's check his google seartch results to see if he torrents too...

They could do that before too, since most people use their google-account for youtube too. The point is that theyre doing it automatically to get you better advertisments and so on, kind of like facebook. And Im also pretty sure that it said that this information wouldnt be given to anyone or used for anything outside of googles own products.

I think the only reason they actually made such a big deal out of it was because this whole internet privacy thing is a really big thing at the moment. And if people found out they where doing something like this without telling them, it would end a lot worse than if they just told them from the start.

But again, I didnt read through it very carefully, so I may have missed something.
Quote by flxjhnlrssn
They could do that before too, since most people use their google-account for youtube too. The point is that theyre doing it automatically to get you better advertisments and so on, kind of like facebook. And Im also pretty sure that it said that this information wouldnt be given to anyone or used for anything outside of googles own products.

I think the only reason they actually made such a big deal out of it was because this whole internet privacy thing is a really big thing at the moment. And if people found out they where doing something like this without telling them, it would end a lot worse than if they just told them from the start.

But again, I didnt read through it very carefully, so I may have missed something.

I have always thought Google were relatively good with privacy. With Google+ they offered to permanently remove all your data ina very easy way - something which you'd never get out of Facebook.

But they obviously have more knowledge about all this sopa,pipa,acta shit than we do so the fact they're changing their privacy policies in the middle of it all surely shows they are building safeguards for the future?
Page 1 of 5