Hey guys I have a question,

I have an amp wit these outputs: 1x16ohm / 2x8oh / 2x4ohm
Is there a way I can connect it to a 2x12 cab with these inputs: 1x8ohm / 2x16oh ?

Because I do not have the space for a 4x12 and most 2x12's have these inputs :s

Thanx !!
What's the Make and Model of your amp...

the owners manual should go into detail about what those settings mean.. If not.. call the Manufacturer...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505
What's the Make and Model of your amp...

the owners manual should go into detail about what those settings mean.. If not.. call the Manufacturer...

Amp: LONDON CITY Bulldog, Manufacturer doesn' exist anymore...

WOW. What a cool amp.

I'm not an amp tech but maybe I can pull someone in here to help further.

What I'm seeing is a 16 ohm mono tap on the far left and a 4 ohm mono tap on the far right. This one along with the middle would provide for parallel operation (2 cabs) at either 4 or 8 total. Question becomes whether or not you can get an 8 ohm mono tap with the middle jack alone?

Now, as far as the cab, I think we need just a bit more info. Are there actually two jacks on the cab? We need to know how the cab is wired. If it is 2 - 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel then you have an 8 ohm load total. Or, it could be 2 - 8 ohm speakers wired in series for a 16 ohm load total.

It is possible that if you want 8 ohms out of it it just runs on one speaker. 16 ohms... 2 speaker - but I would consider that unusual.

Always match ohms so I'm thinking 16 - 16 but I want to make sure I understand your cab better. If you have a multimeter you can get a close approximation.
311's got us off to a good start. Just from the information you gave and the picture, I'd put the switch on 8 ohms and use either of the parallel 4/8 ohm outputs into the 8 ohm input on the cab.

More information would be good to double-check, though. That's a neat amp!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
WOW. What a cool amp.

I'm not an amp tech but maybe I can pull someone in here to help further.

What I'm seeing is a 16 ohm mono tap on the far left and a 4 ohm mono tap on the far right. This one along with the middle would provide for parallel operation (2 cabs) at either 4 or 8 total. Question becomes whether or not you can get an 8 ohm mono tap with the middle jack alone?

Now, as far as the cab, I think we need just a bit more info. Are there actually two jacks on the cab? We need to know how the cab is wired. If it is 2 - 16 ohm speakers wired in parallel then you have an 8 ohm load total. Or, it could be 2 - 8 ohm speakers wired in series for a 16 ohm load total.

It is possible that if you want 8 ohms out of it it just runs on one speaker. 16 ohms... 2 speaker - but I would consider that unusual.

Always match ohms so I'm thinking 16 - 16 but I want to make sure I understand your cab better. If you have a multimeter you can get a close approximation.

Well, the problem is that I don't have the cab...
My place is too small for a 4x12 with the head so I wanted to buy a 2x12... I'm on a thight budget and almost all the cheaper 2x12 cabs have this configuration;

http://www.thomann.de/be/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm
http://www.thomann.de/be/marshall_mr1936v.htm
http://www.thomann.de/be/blackstar_ht212_cabinet.htm

One of my friends said that I could just hook up the 2x8ohm of the amp to the 2x16ohm of the cab...
He says I would lose a little of the amps power but it should work fine...
The dual inputs on those cabs are for stereo operation. The single input is for mono. That's a mono head, so running it to two speakers in one enclosure at the wrong impedance doesn't really make a lot of sense. The parallel jacks by their nature allow you to use either one or two cabs.

So, if you use one of the two parallel jacks on the 8 ohm setting, the amp is set for 8 ohms through that jack. All you need to do is plug that cable into the 8 ohm input on the cab, and you're golden.

The other options on that head are definitely confusing, but the short explanation is that there's no need to use multiple outputs with just one cab, and that the impedance switch works exactly as advertised as long as only one jack is used. When you start using two, it gets more complicated.

For 311, because you were close on how the jacks work:
Since they're in parallel, either of those two 4/8 ohm jacks will work for a single cab. When using two cabs, you'd plug into both and use the 4 ohm setting for two 8s or the 8 ohm for two 16s. Those two jacks aren't 4 and 8 ohms at any one time, they're both 4 or 8 ohm parallel jacks based on where the switch is set. So you can use 1 cab of either 4-8-16 or two of 8-16.
Quote by Roc8995
The dual inputs on those cabs are for stereo operation. The single input is for mono. That's a mono head, so running it to two speakers in one enclosure at the wrong impedance doesn't really make a lot of sense. The parallel jacks by their nature allow you to use either one or two cabs.

So, if you use one of the two parallel jacks on the 8 ohm setting, the amp is set for 8 ohms through that jack. All you need to do is plug that cable into the 8 ohm input on the cab, and you're golden.

The other options on that head are definitely confusing, but the short explanation is that there's no need to use multiple outputs with just one cab, and that the impedance switch works exactly as advertised as long as only one jack is used. When you start using two, it gets more complicated.

For 311, because you were close on how the jacks work:
Since they're in parallel, either of those two 4/8 ohm jacks will work for a single cab. When using two cabs, you'd plug into both and use the 4 ohm setting for two 8s or the 8 ohm for two 16s. Those two jacks aren't 4 and 8 ohms at any one time, they're both 4 or 8 ohm parallel jacks based on where the switch is set. So you can use 1 cab of either 4-8-16 or two of 8-16.

Hey Roc8995, I have been thinking... If I use one of the 2 parallel outputs of the amp to go to the input of the cab, don't I use only half of the amps wattage?
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they each 50watt so when two cabs are connected they give the full 100watt of the amp....
They're each 50 watts if you're using both of the outputs. Since you're only using one, though, the other output is just an open circuit, which means no power can pass through. The amp doesn't independently send 50 watts to each of those jacks. It sends 100 watts down the chute and that power gets divided at the jacks. Since there's nowhere to divide it with only one cab, you get all the juice through that one output.