hey guys

Looking for a new amp, i had bugera 6262 2x12 for a short time however was way more than i needed amp is primarily gonna be used at home at bed room levels, i mainly play rock /thrash metal, occasionaly some classic rock.

ideally looking to spend under £400 but can stretch it if necessary. always been more into used gear tend to get alot more for your money.

kinda lookin for a small combo although have had my eye on orange tiny terror not sure how they are to live with ? curently using my epiphone les paul custom or ibanez rg

thanks
Use the volume knob.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Quote by AtaBorMan
Use the volume knob.

I wish the volume knob could adjust physical dimensions too...
Quote by skeleb
I wish the volume knob could adjust physical dimensions too...

Huh?

Edit: Yeah, I got it. But if he wants a good sound, he'd want at least a 112. Those aren't very small.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by kingowensteve
if i were to get it would probably go for the head an rrun it through a 2x12

So size is not a matter?

Then: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
by size i dont mean physical size i sold the bugera because a 120w which was more than i needed im ideally looking for something i can actually crank a bit
To be able to crank it without annoying your neighbours, you need like ½ a watt.

I'd say go with a Peavey Classic 30. Way better than a HT 5. With a boost, you can easily do thrash.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Quote by kingowensteve
and why post that what did i miss

Yeah, sorry. I'm tired.
Quote by Todd Hart

Quote by mystical_1

Quote by snipelfritz
Like the sound of that 6262? You should be able to get a Peavey 6505 112 in your budget. It's 60w, but use the volume knob. Metal amps rely primarily on the preamp for distortion. There's no reason whatsoever that you would have to crank an amp that relies on the preamp to get a good sound. Besides, getting power tube saturation even out of a 5w amp is too loud for home usage.

You could also check out the Jet City JCA5012c. That would probably sound better for thrash sounds than the 6505 (6505 is a bit too modern voiced for thrash), and it works at low volumes and has better cleans.

Don't let wattage and size rule your life. Buy whatever amp sounds best to your ears at the volume you will typically use it at. Don't worry about "not using it to its full potential." Even if you got a 10w you wouldn't be using it to its full potential either.
Are you set on a tube head? And is your budget for the head only?

I love the HT-5 (as do many others) and the Vypyr is also very popular.

But if you're up for a good modelling amp check out the Fender Mustang series (pick the size you want) or the Vox VT series. Both do well with the type of music you're interested in and they can be tamed to bedroom levels much easier.

Otherwise, you'll need to try something like the HT-1, a Zvex or something along those lines...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Last edited by richardlpalmer at Jan 30, 2012,
Orange Micro terror?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
you're gonna struggle to crank anything in your bedroom
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ragingkitty
Orange Micro terror?

That's a cool little amp! Good advice.

The Zvex & Rock Block are ones I want to try, too.

Zvex Amp: http://zvexamps.com/amp_view.html

Rock Block Amp: http://surprisesoundlab.com/ssl-23_003.htm

Comparison of the 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvnottwizeE
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
wait what? doesn't the micro terror have a solid state power section?

not much point in not getting a tube amp because you can't crank it and then getting an amp which there's no point in cranking, surely?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
wait what? doesn't the micro terror have a solid state power section?

not much point in not getting a tube amp because you can't crank it and then getting an amp which there's no point in cranking, surely?

And stop calling me Shirley...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
you're gonna struggle to crank anything in your bedroom

I manage just fine.
Quote by Diamond Dave

Things that restored my faith in humanity this year: 26
Things that removed all faith in humanity this year: 1,563,745,234 (estimated)

so that's a result of -1,563,745,208 faith points in humanity lost, which is actually up from last year!
no £400 just a rough number will spend a bit more if necessary head or combo i dont really mind just gotta factor in the price of a cab if i go for a head
^ big problem is if the bugera was too much (i haven't tried it, but it's based on a peavey 6505+, right? i have tried that) i'm not sure what else there is which mightn't be.

when you say it was too much do you mean you actually physically couldn't get it quiet enough, or you could get it quiet enough but it sounded like crap?

Quote by thrashdeth
I manage just fine.

ok? what's your point?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ok? what's your point?
Based on his profile, he has a Valveking 212, which I believe is 50w. Either he is completely deaf and his family members and neighbors are also deaf or extremely tolerant, or he's just talking out of his ass.

But really, TS: how the hell could you have not been able to get an epic tone out of your 6262 at a low volume? Listen to this, and look at where the volume knob is set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk7XCSMRP9A

Or were you just too afraid to own the Bugera with the worry that it might burst into flames?

but yeah that's sorta what i meant (the volume thing). either he's really lucky (which doesn't really apply to the TS, so there's not much point in bringing it up) or deaf, basically.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?