I've been thinking about upgrading the pickups in my PRS SE Custom 24 to:

D-Sonic in the bridge.

Air Norton in the neck.

I'm just looking for a really tight, thick tone from the bridge pickup, as I like to play a lot of hard rock / punk / hardcore.

For the neck, I want a nice, kind of bluesy, thick sounding clean tone.

Would these work nicely for what I'm describing or would something make it work better? Looking for passive pickups.
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Yes, it's just one song in particular, theres no shredding or fast solos.
It is a mellow, instrumental, clean, song.
That should work for you it's a combo that works nicely together for one. Petrucci from Dream Theater used that config till the Liquifire and Crunchlab came out which are likely just newer versions I'm thinking I haven't compared specs. I have the D-Sonic and Air Norton S in my Jackson Dk2 and it's nice. the Air norton is a nice warm full sounding neck pup and the D Sonic is got enough out put and everything to be a killer bridge pup so I say it'll work. if you want a little more power in your bridge go for a tone zone.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
Thanks! I looked into the tone zone a little, but I heard that it doesn't work too well with mahogany bodies, which my guitar has.
TABBERS WANTED
If you are interested, and are up to it, please PM me for more info on the song.
Quote by JRib1216
Thanks! I looked into the tone zone a little, but I heard that it doesn't work too well with mahogany bodies, which my guitar has.

It actually does. For example Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal uses the Tone Zone on some mahogany guitars.

I think it may have more to do with neck scale length.
Stick a breed in the neck, for me the treble on the air norton is a little too chopped... The amp clips on my profile are a pair of breeds in a mahogany guitar so you can get a good idea of how they sound. For the bridge the D-sonic is certainly tight, just not sure if it might be a little clinical for punk, the Norton might be worth a look too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Stick a breed in the neck, for me the treble on the air norton is a little too chopped... The amp clips on my profile are a pair of breeds in a mahogany guitar so you can get a good idea of how they sound. For the bridge the D-sonic is certainly tight, just not sure if it might be a little clinical for punk, the Norton might be worth a look too.

Thanks! Just looked into the breed and i really like what i'm hearing..sounds more versatile
TABBERS WANTED
Quote by amatas83
That should work for you it's a combo that works nicely together for one. Petrucci from Dream Theater used that config till the Liquifire and Crunchlab came out which are likely just newer versions I'm thinking I haven't compared specs. I have the D-Sonic and Air Norton S in my Jackson Dk2 and it's nice. the Air norton is a nice warm full sounding neck pup and the D Sonic is got enough out put and everything to be a killer bridge pup so I say it'll work. if you want a little more power in your bridge go for a tone zone.

+1 the tone zone is more of a fat sound rather than tight, however, so most likely you're gonna want to go for the d sonic imo
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.