So i'm not a terrible singer,but i'm no virtuoso. I've been in a band that covers alot of Nirvana and Alice in Chains songs. And i do pretty well with those two bands. My roomate has always been a huge straight death metal head,and i've always had a major connection to the music and energy. He is wanting me to learn Death Metal Vocs,i want to,but i cant seem to even get a kickstart on grasping this art. Help? Love yall.
Founder of The Reverend Maynard Club-save the carrots!
PM me or diminishedfaith to join.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1208630

This is what you want.

Also, just be careful. You don't want to **** up your vocal chords. Especially if you're young.

I'm almost 16 and I've been screaming/growling for a while now. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong because my throat is feeling extremely uncomfortable.

(Though the doc said it's my tonsils so I'm probably just all infected and shit )
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Last edited by skylerjames13 at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by skylerjames13
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1208630

This is what you want.

Also, just be careful. You don't want to **** up your vocal chords. Especially if you're young.

I'm almost 16 and I've been screaming/growling for a while now. I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong because my throat is feeling extremely uncomfortable.

(Though the doc said it's my tonsils so I'm probably just all infected and shit )

People take lessons to do it. Do you do your voice opening exercises before singing? You clean yout throat? You pay attention to never drink too cold or too hot drinks? You exercice your voice? Like starting saying aaaaaaaaaaa and raising your volume by the time until you reach the limit every day? Then you are doing it totally wrong dude. Remember James Hetfield hurting his voice? Do what he did. Take singing lessons. Don't think that singing is not like instrument and doesn't need a teacher. That's wrong. It is a serious job which is as well needed to be teached by someone professional.
Cemges, you are not wrong, but not totally correct either. Most folks get teachers only to refine their sound. Very, very few are taught from the beginning. It's difficult to find a teacher that does it and does it correctly.

It's really not all as bad as most folks make it out to be. We can definitely help you in the growling sticky at the top of the forum.