I ask the people of the Pit:

Do you think you can choose one piece of music that is your favourite? One and only one? It seems like an almost impossible choice to make, yet yesterday I was nearly sure I had reached a conclusion.

Discuss.
A single piece that's always my favourite? No, that's ****ing impossible.

At the moment it's most likely Chances by John Frusciante. Changes all the time.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
the 30 minute version of Twilight of the Gods by Bathory

(its twilight of the gods, through blood by thunder, & blood and iron together as one song. it was released like that on some rare copies of the album)
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Oh and link.

Bit longer version but my favourite by the London Philharmonic is 13:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR2JlDnT2l8

It's just a celebration of great British music. It's how the violin should be written for and played. Just stunningly beautiful
Quote by institutions
No, definitely not.
I'll listen to an album and go "oh, this is my favorite album for sure" then flip to the next one and go "no, this is."

This. Definitely can't.

I don't even have a favorite band.
Inside of Emptiness - John Frusciante
its 47 mins of musical genius

but my favourite song is probably central by john frusciante (ill start calling him the froosh),
i guess its cos many bands that i like come and go in terms of how much they interest me (ill probably always like them though) but john has been my favourite a long, long time now.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Bjork-All Is Full of Love

Don't judge.

I can get it down to two, Venus as a Boy by Bjork, and Marlene on the Wall by Suzanne Vega, so I for one understand your choice
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Bjork-All Is Full of Love

Don't judge.

Listening to Björk right now. She's coming to Roskilde this summer.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Couldn't do it. That said, though, Dream Theater always remains my favorite band through any phases I may go through.
Octavarium by Dream Theater has been the only correct answer for me for a long time.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Something about Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!'s "Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth" makes me get up and dance every since time. No matter what, that song gets me moving. Definitely my favorite piece of music ever.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
definitely not one. But the one song that keeps coming back is Roulette Dares by Mars Volta. Or maybe just that whole album...
Quote by Acϵ♠
Octavarium by Dream Theater has been the only correct answer for me for a long time.

Actually, I might have to agree with you.
Quote by Vitor_vdp
I ask the people of the Pit:

Do you think you can choose one piece of music that is your favourite? One and only one? It seems like an almost impossible choice to make, yet yesterday I was nearly sure I had reached a conclusion.

Discuss.

nope.
music is too amazing for there to be one piece to rule them all.

My favorite piece changes on a day to day basis.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Quote by benonbass1
I can get it down to two, Venus as a Boy by Bjork, and Marlene on the Wall by Suzanne Vega, so I for one understand your choice

Ah yes that's another good one. Nah it's just because I've gotten flack for mentioning her here before, but what do people expect? My username's a Björk song
Have not heard of Suzanne Vega. I'm guessing I should check her out, right?

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Listening to Björk right now. She's coming to Roskilde this summer.

Awesome! I hope she comes here. That's pretty much the only concert I'd make myself broke to see (well, that and My Bloody Valentine but that doesn't seem likely anytime soon). You should go.
Altitudes by Jason Becker.
It's my all time favourite. Everything else is second to that.
That song touches me and moves me in a way no other song by any other artist ever has.
At the moment it seems to be Beneath These Waves by Demons & Wizards but yesterday it was Demon of the Fall by Opeth and the before that it was was Bleak by Opeth, so yeah I'd say it changes quite regularly.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Acϵ♠

I came in here to say this. It's probably been my favorite song for a longer period of time than any other song.