So I come home from school, as anyone does. I turn on my month-old Bugera V22 amp as i usually do and from it comes this weird ass cracking sound. I left it on, and after a while it blew the fuse in the back. Upon replacing the fuse, the sound is still there.
What the hell? There's no sound coming from my guitar when i plug it in and I'm afraid to leave it on for too long in case it blows another fuse (1A fuses are quite hard to find)

Help?
Sounds like a tube or transformer problem. I would call Bugera and demand they fix it. As I understand they have had quality control issues in the past but even though they fixed a lot of it, there's still a few.

Cheers,
Xter
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Quote by kavanaghness
yes, actually

Then you need to do 3 things.

1. Make sure your homeowners insurance is current.

2. Invest in a fire extinguisher.

3. Try removing and reseating the tubes.

If that doesn't work, take it back. No use messing with something under warranty...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
You will not hurt yourself or your home if you pull some tubes and put them back in. I'd personally get some Deoxit contact cleaner from Radio Shack and spray the preamp tube pins and work them in and out of the socket. Maybe swap V1 and V2 around (first and second preamp tube). Cool amp BTW.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You will not hurt yourself or your home if you pull some tubes and put them back in. I'd personally get some Deoxit contact cleaner from Radio Shack and spray the preamp tube pins and work them in and out of the socket. Maybe swap V1 and V2 around (first and second preamp tube). Cool amp BTW.

not in the murrica, ill see if i can get the equvalent of it or whatever

question, would touching the tubes have any effect on them?
no

you can touch them all you want as long as you don't burn yourself. let them cool. i'm thinking it is a cheap chinees preamp tube has gone south so swap around and report back. not a bad idea either to order a few good ones when you get some time. like a JJ or Tung Sol. They are like $15.

if it still crackles after that then wipe off your finger prints from the tubes and use your warranty.
it is not an old thread dude.

it was only a few days ago and i told you to report back

i listened to vid

you've pretty much ruled out the guitar and the cables

if the preamp tube swap thing doesn't make it go away then exercise your warranty

do it

do it now

its easy

here ...try

http://s545.photobucket.com/albums/hh384/buckethead_311/Amp%20stuff/?action=view&current=Microphonicpreamptube.mp4

as well as using some contact cleaner on all the tube pins and pushing them down nice an snug
Thanks, alright I think I'm gonna send it back

if i unscrew the cover for the tubes does that void my warranty?