Page 1 of 2
BBC article

This will either be a god awful insult to the original and British television in general, or a real treat for Americans. Still, I really hope the pilot isn't successful just because this show shouldn't even be tampered with in it's original format, let alone Americanised!
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Jan 30, 2012,
This show is amazing but I doubt remaking it is a good idea.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Just had a look at the original, and it seems just like all the other sitcoms on BBC where they cast ugly people and tell unfunny jokes.

Not sure who thought we'd want it.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Just had a look at the original, and it seems just like all the other sitcoms on BBC where they cast ugly people and tell unfunny jokes.

sometimes it hurts to live on the same planet as some other people
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Just had a look at the original, and it seems just like all the other sitcoms on BBC where they cast ugly people and tell unfunny jokes.

Quite possibly the most plain incorrect thing ive ever heard in my entire life, thats not even an opinion, its just wrong
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
No.

NO.

NO.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Only Fools And Horses was a classic. Had some of the funniest, most memorable sitcom moments ever. Let it rest in peace, for God's sake.

Fucking yanks need to get off our bloody TV shows. Thieving bastards.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.

Hear that tinkling sound? That's my heart breaking

Quote by sam b
He's going to batter Bottas. Aye, stick that in your sig Bill

Meat water.

Quote by TEK34

Read that image again and tell me if it makes any sense.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jan 30, 2012,
No offence, but you Americans won't get it. It'll either be faithful and plummet or be a complete bastardisation and possibly be successful. Either way, its gonna be an affront to the original. But people gots to make money.
Dude, where's my band?
I'm not surprised americans don't find the show funny when they didn't grow up with the same sort of culture. It's all out of context for them.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I'm not surprised americans don't find the show funny when they didn't grow up with the same sort of culture. It's all out of context for them.

This.

I figured you guys would be able to spot right away that I was fucking with you that time. I didn't so much as read the article.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by Jiggzy.UK

I'm not from the UK and think the show really funny.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I'm not from the UK and think the show really funny.

Well great then.

That's fine too. I'm not saying you can't find it funny, it's just easy to understand why if you don't.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Why do they have to call it a remake?
It's not gonna be the same characters, storylines or settings.

I don't think they can ever recreate something as funny as the chandelier scene.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Well great then.

That's fine too. I'm not saying you can't find it funny, it's just easy to understand why if you don't.

I agree, sometimes it is a little confusing.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
This can't possibly work. America is known for taking parts of the English culture, and making a complete mess of it. They've remade it in other countries for years, but they haven't tampered with the script, like they are with this.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by WantsLesPaul
they should bring back Friends instead lol

An English remake.
Im looking for a **** to give
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
would they call it "Mates"?

"Chums"
(bonus points if you know the reference)
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by BlitzkriegAir

Aye.

They'd drink tea instead of coffee too.

*I was going to say Chums too, but I wasn't sure if that's really a British thing or not
Quote by BlitzkriegAir

"Sillywilly Funtime Acquaintances".
Quote by BlitzkriegAir

Actually, it is standard to call our friends "knobheads"
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
If this actually goes ahead i'm gonna be forced to send the makers an angry e-mail!
Quote by mullet1337
Actually, it is standard to call our friends "knobheads"

Cunts.

Oh dear, anyone else notice that American Comedy has to be staged jokes? Jokes you can see coming from a mile, sorry, Kilometre off?

Americans do not understand irony or sarcasm so they won't get only fools and horses.

Admitadely a remake, British or American would be awful but the American's do have a tendancy to ruin anything British, the Italian job springs to mind.

The only old Brit comedies worth any mention are Black Adder and Monty Python, maybe Fawlty Towers, but a remake of any kind would be disasterous, especially an American remake.
I'm sorry my not-even-subtle troll keeps hijacking your thread, mullet.
Why must we remake foreign shows? We're murican, we need to make shows that are MURICAN.
Page 1 of 2