Poll: So how do you die?
Poll Options
View poll results: So how do you die?
A warrior's death. Spartan style. My only purpose is to cause your death.
59 58%
Honorable suicide. Samurai style. They'll never take me alive.
11 11%
**** it. I'm bookin' it. 9 out of 10 chances of getting killed as I slither off.
32 31%
Voters: 102.
Page 1 of 2
So this other thread got me thinking. Let's say you're going to die in some battle or whatever. How to you choose to die? Not the exact way, but the means of who chooses your fate. Do you fight to the last breath, kicking and screaming no matter what, until they drive a spear in your head? Do you execute yourself, never giving the enemy the chance to take you alive, humiliating them by giving them no choice but to realize they truly never did kill you. Or do you run away, dash off as fast as you can, hoping that you will survive and reap the benefits of simply being alive unlike other people around you, only to have a high chance of getting swiftly killed like a rat trying to escape?

EDIT:
Wow, I'm surprised by the people picking the third option. You realize that if you die, your name goes to shit because you were running away. And if you live, your name goes to shit because you were running away.

That's what the real meaning of the third option.
Last edited by metalblaster at Jan 30, 2012,
Like that Orc in The Two Towers. Takes three arrows to the chest but keeps chugging along and finally blows everything the fuck up.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
BOOM! HEADSHOT!

like a Kennedy.

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Quote by WCPhils
Like that Orc in The Two Towers. Takes three arrows to the chest but keeps chugging along and finally blows everything the fuck up.

This. Only way.

Actually no, fuck that.

I wanna go out like this motherfucker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
I am immortal.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I want to be in a blimp full of squids that crashes into the world's tallest silo as the silo tips and spills over and the squids ooze all over the place and the cows slip in the ooze and fall all over the place like it's a skating rink full of clumsy retards.
It'd make for one hell of a eulogy.
Quote by Jackal58
I am immortal.

LET'S PUT THAT NAME TO THE TEST.

Flam·boy·ant

I'll be all up on my war horse with plate armour and helmet, with a big badass sword in my hand charging at the enemy

then some camping **** on a rock with a Barrett and a bipod will take me out.
Quote by WCPhils

It was an Uruk!
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Mr. Rittard
LET'S PUT THAT NAME TO THE TEST.

Bring it flambeau boy.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
You're gonna have to get rid of me to get rid of me folks cause i aint leavin
Quote by Jackal58
I am immortal.

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Quote by Rust_in_Peace34
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

And there is only 1.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
If there are still a couple of stragglers I'll stay behind and fight to the last breath. But if everyone around me is dead I'd attempt a swift escape so I can comeback so I can execute vengance on the enemy. I'm a jedi in this battle, so if I die I'll just turn into a force ghost.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Last edited by Trizek at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by Jackal58
Bring it flambeau boy.

choose your weapon.

Flam·boy·ant

I'd probably choose to die with the enemy right in front of me, honorable kill. Anyhting except backstabbing, it's faul and cowardish.

Celebrity kill: Sid Vicious or Jimi Hendrix, fucking rock'n'roll
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Run at the start of the battle.
-> avoid this situation.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
Quote by Mr. Rittard
choose your weapon.

I choose life.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Woffelz
It was an Uruk!
It was a Berserker!

But a Berserker is a type of Uruk, which is a type of Orc, so everyone is right .
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Last edited by Emperor's Child at Jan 30, 2012,
The war raged all around him around him, the push of pike turned to a bloody meat grinder. Men were falling, screaming. Only, many of them only 'fell' in a sense of 'they're dead', when really they were held upright in the press. Moving around as the melee moved, heads lolling.

He flung spells as best he could, tried to turn the tide, but it was difficult. Friends and foes were all about; it was virtually impossible to hit one without hitting the other. Clouds of arrows filled the sky as unscrupulous archery captains ordered their men to fire into the surging mass of men.

"Bastards," he said, shaking his head wearily. It was almost as exhausting for the wizard as it was for the men fighting.

The sound of hooves joined the maelstrom, an odd noise in context since neither side had brought any cavalry. Or at least none that ought to be able to get near to this part of the lines. He could have sworn that the next voice he heard, somehow clearer and yet more distant than the others, appeared directly between his ears without ever getting around to passing through them.

EASY BINKY, it said.

He shook his head, wondering whether the years of Wizarding were finally catching up with him. It was an appropriate time to go mad, he supposed, the middle of a battle. Nobody would blink twice at another madman here. In fact, most of them probably viewed him as a madman before. They usually reacted to Wizards that way.

The hooves stopped. Somehow he knew that they had stopped right next to him, even though he was equally sure that they were all in his head. Rather like he'd drunk too much of Hardel Flinnyfarm's Fungus Tea. Nope, not this time, he thought. He'd have noticed. It had a fearsome kick, and then some. Then, just when you were down it kicked you in the balls for added effect. Damn good, though.

YOU LOOK CONCERNED, the voice said.

He nodded. "You could say that." He knew. That voice, floating into his mind without ever moving the air. The privelage of a wizard.

IT'S GOING TO BE QUICK, YOU KNOW. AN ARROW IN OH, SIX SECONDS, GIVE OR TAKE.

Slowly, the Wizard turned to see the hooded figure, looking at an hourglass with one bony hand. The sands were rapidly draining, forming a perfect pile in the bottom of the glass. The last few grains were slipping through. The scythe gleamed.

IT IS TIME, Death said. LET'S GO FOR A CURRY.

Disclaimer: I am not Terry Pratchett. I'm also fairly sure that I'm not Rincewind.
This isn't the middle ages, no one's gonna stab me with a spear. They're gonna blow my brains out from a mile away
Death by snu-snu.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by WCPhils

i hated that guy
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Gorelord666
Death by snu-snu.
If I could choose any one way to die it would be death by snu-snu, no doubt.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Third option, because i'm a coward.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
I don't find suicide honorable unless you take the enemy with you.

EDIT: Like at the end of Dawn of the Dead where the security guard blows himself up with the zombies.
sunbather is shit
Last edited by beefcake122 at Jan 30, 2012,
I have been telling people this is how I will die for years. (Background info, Jamie is this really sadistic guy that I know)

I'm going to take over the world and order all of the world's nuclear missiles to be launched. Now my friend Jamie wants mass destruction, but he doesn't want to destroy the world. He eventually finds me in my bunker in Nevada, and we end up fighting. We eventually (Not before being heavily injured, including at least 3 bullet wounds each) get to a cliff, where he throws me off, but he is going to realize that he is my friend, so he will offer to pull me back up. I pull him down with me.

Only way to go.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
Quote by Jackal58
I choose life.

Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . .
Quote by -Mantra-
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . .

+1

Choose a real life, like our primal ancestors lived. Forced to survive, facing death at every turn, born to be a warrior, born from pain, born from the ashes. Born to face death every day and never deny it, born to never die until dead. Choose to never live numb, choose to always see reality as it is, choose to fight. Choose not to be like everyone else and settle for the textbook life.
Die a martyr. Braveheart style. "FREEEEEEEEDOM!!!!"
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Quote by -Mantra-

I read that in his voice
Page 1 of 2