So, my band's been debating this question for a while:

For the sake of debate, you clone a spartan who is trained in all areas of weaponry and have him fight himself, one clone having a dagger the other having a wooden baseball bat, to the death. Which Spartan wins, the one with the dagger or the one with baseball bat? and why?

Also, - this is us, the group of ****s debating this issue www.facebook.com/MisanthropyBand
Baseball bat, the one with the dagger would never get close enough to use the dagger

Nice shameless self-advertising by the way
Last edited by xSheogorathx at Jan 30, 2012,
Bat. Reach.

/thread
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Well, this one time in GTA IV I was chasing Dardan. He ran into some warehouse building on the waterfront and pulled out a knife. The game told me to dodge him and disarm him, but I happened to have a baseball bat on me, so I pulled that out, and hit him in the head instead. He went down. I kept hitting him, and he died. So i'm going to go with the baseball bat.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
It depends if they're wearing their armor or not.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Daggerman digs his dagger into Batman's bat. Ohh... it's lookin like a baaad mooove. Batman pulls the dagger out. Batman stabs Daggerman. SCOOOOOORE! Daggerman is squirming. Oh boy... he sure is squirming. Wait for it... wait for it... he's dead! Aaand... that's it for this week's Spartan Clone Wars, ladies and gentleman, but don't you worry. Our winner Batman returns to face the young but mighty Spearlad next week in: SPARTAN. CLONE. WARS!
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I swear I just brought up this exact debate to my uncle. I think it depends how big of a bat and dagger they are. It would be close.
I hate my sig
Quote by DonGlover
It depends if they're wearing their armor or not.

No clothing other than a loincloth, sir.
Quote by BotC
No clothing other than a loincloth, sir.

Then it all depends on the bat-Spartan's first swing. If he misses or get evaded, the kill is essentially the dagger-Spartan's. Bladed weapons will always be more effective than blunt. That's why people created swords and spears rather than using big sticks. With blunt weapon like a bat, the most you can do is blunt trauma. With weapons like a dagger, you can penetrate and lacerate. The bat has more reach, but if it isn't a debilitating blow or it doesn't land, the dagger will yield a far more deadly blow against bare flesh.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Obvious self-advertising. The bat will win, it has a much longer reach.

Daggers can be thrown. Assuming the Spartan really is skilled, the reach and accuracy of the dagger will mess the other himself up.

JUST THROW THE SHITDAMN DAGGER!
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by DonGlover
Then it all depends on the bat-Spartan's first swing. If he misses or get evaded, the kill is essentially the dagger-Spartan's. Bladed weapons will always be more effective than blunt. That's why people created swords and spears rather than using big sticks. With blunt weapon like a bat, the most you can do is blunt trauma. With weapons like a dagger, you can penetrate and lacerate. The bat has more reach, but if it isn't a debilitating blow or it doesn't land, the dagger will yield a far more deadly blow against bare flesh.

Baseball bats can penetrate. And would in all likelihood do a significant amount of internal damage. And you'd never be able to hold in a shit again.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Bat. The distance factor isn't overcome by having a more potent weapon if your jaw is shattered before you're in range.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by guns for hire
Baseball bats can penetrate. And would in all likelihood do a significant amount of internal damage. And you'd never be able to hold in a shit again.

If you're implying that the baseball-bat-wielding-Spartan will anally penetrate the dagger-wielding-Spartan, then I'm afraid to continue participation in this debate...
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by shattamakar
Daggers can be thrown. Assuming the Spartan really is skilled, the reach and accuracy of the dagger will mess the other himself up.

JUST THROW THE SHITDAMN DAGGER!

Well this brings up something that needs addressing.

Is it a throwing knife or a regular knife?

Because even trained, with the aerodynamics of the shape, you're going to have just as much chance of stabbing someone as you will giving them a bruise by throwing a regular knife. Throwing knives are a different story, as they're designed to go aerodynamically, and stab.

Quote by necrosis1193

Any knife is a throwing knife when you throw it.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Any knife is a throwing knife when you throw it.

Any knife is a thrown knife when you throw it.
A SIGNATURE.
Dagger. Just tackle the mofo and stab at your heart's content. Bats can do damage but you need to hit the right place and be a quick swinger. Hitting someone's arm or side isn't going to take them out, and before you're able to step back and swing again your opponent has moved in and stabbed you repeatedly.

With the skill you can parry and disarm both bats and daggers, but bats are far easier to counter.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by necrosis1193

Its a dagger. Daggers can be thrown accurately by a skilled combatant.

This movie poster does not say "House of the Throwing Knives"

Throwing knife discussion is invalid.

Your Honor, it is hereby respectfully submitted that Daggers have 1) a far greater range 2) far superior proclivity to cause damage than a baseball bat. Also, the fact that both the plaintiff and the defendant are both of extraordinary combat skill increases the lethality of a ranged/non-ranged dagger attack exponentially.

I rest my case. This thread is /
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Jan 30, 2012,
The dagger. If the spartan knows what he's doing, then he will know that the safest place is as close to the bat swinger as possible, which is the most dangerous place for a dagger.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
If the bat spartan gets a good hit, then i reckon he would take it, even if he doesn't get a vital area like the torso or head, a good hit to the right part of the arms or legs can break bones, not to mention if he takes out the dagger arm, it would be the end of dagger spartan.

On the other hand, if the bat spartan swings and misses, or dagger spartan dodges, then dagger man could get inside the effective reach of the other guy, and stab him.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by shattamakar
Its a dagger. Daggers can be thrown accurately by a skilled combatant.

This movie poster does not say "House of the Throwing Knives"

Throwing knife discussion is invalid.

Your Honor, it is hereby respectfully submitted that Daggers have 1) a far greater range 2) far superior proclivity to cause damage than a baseball bat. Also, the fact that both the plaintiff and the defendant are both of extraordinary combat skill increases the lethality of a ranged/non-ranged dagger attack exponentially.

I rest my case. This thread is /

...Wow.

Please tell me you're not using movie logic as the basis for your argument.

You do realize how many liberties the movie industry takes from the real world, right?

If you're honestly using a movie to justify your argument, I'm done here.

Quote by necrosis1193
...Wow.

Please tell me you're not using movie logic as the basis for your argument.

You do realize how many liberties the movie industry takes from the real world, right?

If you're honestly using a movie to justify your argument, I'm done here.

What exactly is Movie Logic? The picture was obviously meant as an exaggerated illustration of the following fact: Daggers can be thrown, and that too effectively.

The rest of the post was an affirmation of this fact.

But then again, this thread is about battling spartan clones. So, fucked if I put on my serious hat for this shit
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Something to keep in mind about distance of the bat, the point that will deliver the most damage is half way between the base and the tip, so for the Spartan to do optimal damage, he'd have to lose the range advantage, and in that case, Batman dies.
Quote by BotC
Something to keep in mind about distance of the bat, the point that will deliver the most damage is half way between the base and the tip, so for the Spartan to do optimal damage, he'd have to lose the range advantage, and in that case, Batman dies.

wouldn't the tip do the most damage since it is the fastest moving part?
Quote by ironman1478
wouldn't the tip do the most damage since it is the fastest moving part?

Whack your finger with a finger

First try and hit your finger with the tip, and then with the dead center. See which has more force.
Quote by BotC
Whack your finger with a finger

First try and hit your finger with the tip, and then with the dead center. See which has more force.

Baseball bats are weighted more towards the end for momentum though. Approximately the last 5 inches of the bat towards the end would be exerting the most force.
A SIGNATURE.