So I just picked up a used Vox AD50VT-212. It did not come with the footswitch. According to the manual, and back of amp I am supposed to use a Vox VFS2 switch.

It is a 2 button switch where the left side changes between Ch1 + Ch2 and the right switch can be used to change between Manual mode and preset mode, or to turn effects on and off.

The question is....Does anyone know if these are wired like any other 2 button foot switch or do I have to use their proprietary one?

Thanks.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
So upon some further investigating, it turns out that it is of the latching variety.

I found an apex AFS2 switch for $20.00 brand new at Long + Mcquade. 1/2 the price of the Vox one. I will pick it up tomorrow to see if it works properly.

The only thing I am unsure of is, the right side switch has more than one function, but I believe that has to do more so with the amp than the pedal.

Will update on Friday.
The Apex switch did the trick "MOSTLY". All the different functions work as they should.

Now back to the MOSTLY......The LEDs do not function properly so you have to either remember what channel and function you are on, or look at the LEDs on the amp. Switch one flips between channel 1 and 2. Switch two I have set to activate manual mode. This gives me 3 usable settings I can go between by foot.

The odd thing is, to get back to channel 1 and 2 you have to hit switch one again instead of the manual mode switch, so that changes the pattern of the LEDs.

If I use switch Two as an effects on off switch then the lights work ok.

In summary...The Apex is 1/2 the price of the Vox switch and has a cable 2x longer. And it does the trick.