I was lookin through ebay and found stagg guitars..whats your opinion on stagg? they good or bad??
They generally aren't good. They're cheap guitars, and while you may get lucky with a good one, as with all cheap guitar companies they have virtually no quality control so the majority are terrible.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Horrific. Honestly, they're shocking.

My first guitar was a Stagg Flying V copy. The neck pocket wasn't cut properly so the neck sat in the body crooked. Frets were coming out of the fingerboard, pickups weren't wax potted properly.

The only thing that it had going for it was it was a semi-faithful copy of what an actual Gibson V looks like.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 30, 2012,
Quote by RiseTheFallen
Played one and it sucked, but as the poster above me said you might find a good one.

Ninjas make everything seem sarcastic.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Played a Stagg 12 string and a Stagg mandolin. The bridge on the 12 string broke, the electronics were bad, the action was impossible and it always breaks strings. The bridge on the madolin broke, the action was appalling and the tuners were more or less useless. I would avoid Stagg like a particularly unpleasant plague
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
As someone who worked in a store full of Staggs briefly and had to tune every one of those infernal machines, I can safely say that at from least a tuning stability standpoint they're pretty much useless. I never plugged any of them in, but judging from that, the fact that and two of the basses had broken nuts(all these Staggs had come in in the past 6 months of the time I'd been working there, I might add), the one I DID bother to try playing(I'm a lefty, it was a lefty, I figured "What's the worst that could happen?") had a bad case of dead frets and the fact that they look and feel extremely cheap to me, I would say don't go for it. Same goes for Encore, but honestly with Encore I've only played 3 or 4 guitars so maybe they're fine. This was upwards of 20 Staggs though, and I went through all of them twice, so my opinion on them sticks.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Someone I worked with wanted a couple of lessons. I went to his house and he had a Stagg - something similar looking to a Les Paul. Picked it up and tried a few licks. Lesson one - "sell this or use it for baking pizza and buy something half-way decent..."
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Enix165
As someone who worked in a store full of Staggs briefly and had to tune every one of those infernal machines, I can safely say that at from least a tuning stability standpoint they're pretty much useless. I never plugged any of them in, but judging from that, the fact that and two of the basses had broken nuts(all these Staggs had come in in the past 6 months of the time I'd been working there, I might add), the one I DID bother to try playing(I'm a lefty, it was a lefty, I figured "What's the worst that could happen?") had a bad case of dead frets and the fact that they look and feel extremely cheap to me, I would say don't go for it. Same goes for Encore, but honestly with Encore I've only played 3 or 4 guitars so maybe they're fine. This was upwards of 20 Staggs though, and I went through all of them twice, so my opinion on them sticks.

I've played a few Encores as well - I've always considered them to be the absolute worst guitars in existence.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I have a Stagg acoustic that I RARELY play... about all I would ever buy from them...
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
NONONONONONONONO

dont go near em. they are horrid.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by timmymaines
I was lookin through ebay and found stagg guitars..whats your opinion on stagg? they good or bad??
It depends on your budget. If your are in for a quality guitar, this is not a guitar for you. If you have a low budget this could be a solution. But I think there are better "not-quality" guitars out there like Epiphone or squier.
I took a music class in highschool last year, and there were a bunch of those guitars in the classroom, and they were terrible. I'd never heard of the brand up until that point, and they honestly aren't anything better than just a beginner guitar,
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by Alex B Broadway
There are good Squiers and there are bad Squiers. The same goes for Epiphone. But I've never seen a good Stagg.
That was kind of my point.
Looks like I got lucky when I bought my Stagg L350.
I bought it over three years ago and still plays great.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Looks like I got lucky when I bought my Stagg L350.
I bought it over three years ago and still plays great.

There are good ones out there if you get lucky.

One of my guitars is a Stagg, bought off ebay for £40 (including p&p) purely because I wanted to add a Mockingbird shaped guitar to my collection. I don't think I did too badly with it - the action is a bit high (which is fixable), it doesn't sound too great (probably fixable with new pickups), but the actual guitar & all the hardware seem fairly solid which is fairly unusual for Stagg - having played a few in shops I managed to get the only reasonably decent one I've ever found. It's definitely better than I expected it to be.
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
They are just awful. They must be struck from the Earth. Nothing better than firewood. Avoid at all costs.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I have a Stagg S-300. Decent for a beginner who doesn't know shit about guitars and has never played one, but really bad once you are more experienced. Tuning stability is almost impossible and the sound is, well, pretty crappy. The neck is good though, at least it feels good for me.
I have no sig
Quote by RiffRaff61
I have a Stagg acoustic that I RARELY play... about all I would ever buy from them...

Only realised this last night (and I've had the thing three years...), I've got a Stagg hardcase that suits a dreadnaught and my Yamaha jazz box. I was trying to get a Hiscox but the shop had sold out and I had a guitar to transport from the UK to Australia.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.