Ok so I do want an ibanez guitar and it has a trem on it so I want to know if it's worth paying for.
Put in order from crap to gold:
Edge III, Edge Pro, Original Edge, Lo-Pro Edge, Edge Zero and Edge Zero II.
Also how long is the lifetime, overall quality, feel and reliability.
I'm planning on buying a guitar with an Edge Zero II can't be worse than my edge III one.
But how long will it last?
zeroes might be a bit new to know how long they'll last
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Edge III < Edge Zero II < Edge Zero < Lo-Pro Edge < Edge Pro < Original Edge
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Dude you gotta play them. Only you can prevent forest fires... uh I mean decide which one you like best.

I for one can only vouch for the ZRII Trem. Bloody Brilliant! It runs on ball bearings, there is no edge and thus by my infallible logic will last forever.
Last edited by X-plorer88 at Jan 30, 2012,
Edge zero II trems are pretty good. They stay In tune really well and feel much better the edge zeros. Is the guitar you're looking at an RG470MH?
wait what? the edge zero II is better than the edge zero?

i call shenanigans
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Offworld92
Edge III < Edge Zero II < Edge Zero < Lo-Pro Edge = Edge Pro = Original Edge

The top 3 are all gotoh made, and are all ridiculously nice trems.

The EZII is actually pretty good too, nearly as good as the original EZ (just without the intonation tool).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by itamar100
Edge zero II trems are pretty good. They stay In tune really well and feel much better the edge zeros. Is the guitar you're looking at an RG470MH?

25th anniversary ibanez rg in pink edition ofcourse!
Al those bright colored guitars make me go:
Quote by oneblackened

The EZII is actually pretty good too, nearly as good as the original EZ (just without the intonation tool).

And how about the life span?
Btw: Do you know which trems are the same fit as EZII so once it wears out I'll replace it with a better one ofcourse :p.
i wouldn't want to be sure anything else would fit. teh edge zero is a slightly different design, and nothing else might be a direct swap.

not saying that definitely nothing else will fit, but it's worth bearing in mind.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by oneblackened

Aye, I was just going off of personal preference at that point
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Aye, I was just going off of personal preference at that point

I had a guitar with a Lo Pro 7 and it was an absurdly nice trem, I just couldn't deal with it seeing how I really don't like floating trems. That one's my favorite, but I just like lo pro bridges in general.

EZ's are pretty cool. EZII's are miles better than the Edge III. Like, in terms of lifespan length (on a scale of 1-10) the EIII is probably a 3, whereas the EZII I'd guess is a 6 or a 7. The Gotohs are 9 or 10, and the EZ original is maybe an 8?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Jan 30, 2012,