I've slowly gotten more and more into him over the past 2 years, and I'm now heading into obsession over his music. Any other fans?
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Does it take a long time to get into him? Because I'm not so into him, I think he's alright, but a lot of my friends whose taste in music I really respect love him. It's Hard to Find a Friend is really solid though, I love the middle section of it.
Dickless.
From my own experience, it seems like each record isn't necessarily hit or miss, but its either super quick to get into or it takes 2 months of playing for it to click fully.

The easy ones? as David Bazan, Fewer moving parts just fell into place on first listen.
As Pedro the Lion? Winner's never quit.
The better ones (maybe) but take a lot longer to get into? As David Bazan, Strange negotiations is very good but it took me a lot of listens to 'grasp it'.

If you're honestly looking to get into him, I'd say just watch his live DVD for free online.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj3ZNrkVM8A

I will also say judging by your signature, you're religious. My favorite part of his music is his division between atheism and Christianity. Winner's never quit was supposed to be this religious record when Pedro was a "Christian band", but the Christian scene hated it because David starts saying things like everyone should go to heaven regardless of religion, and bad things happen and God is there smiling cause he doesn't give a shit.

Very personal, big shit.
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
I've listened to every record start to finish as Pedro the Lion, they just don't jump at me as anything special. Aside from Slow and Steady I thought Winners Never Quit was kind of bad. Not from any faith-based standpoint, the songs just didn't affect me. I just listened to It's Hard to Find a Friend again after reading this thread, I think the problem is how slow he sings. I think he writes really short songs and then puts a bunch of music between the lines to make them an acceptable length haha.
Dickless.