Hello Fellas. Some of the churches i play for play these contemporary rock or what ever songs like this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI5Yiyv5O0s&feature=related

Most of the guitar i hear is kinda like in the back ground on not so in your face like lets say stryper would be ( what im used to playing ).

My questions are, are these guys simply picking the arppegios of the chord on the top e , g , b strings?

and what kind of effects do these guys use... its like muggled with delay and lil overdrive? im just not sure.. this is a whole new genre for me

Thanks guys for your help!
You pretty much laid out in your post what they use. You're right, it's just some delay and overdrive.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Christian lead? Is there a special christian lead?

They sound like they have a slight delay, and the guitar lead is just picking single notes in whatever appropriate scale.

God (hehehe...) how generic that sort of worship music is.... I think I died a little inside listening to it. No offence to OP of course.
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
Well, there is maybe something to the "less is more"-philosophy

It just reminds me of a commercial jingle, which it is in a way
We should start calling it "The Fact of Evolution", theory, even though correct, does not work with the ignorant..
There's nothing particularly special going on here dude, however I'm pretty sure that the lead guitarist REALLY likes U2. I'm almost positive that the lead at points is copy/pasted from "With or Without You".

What do you want to know about theory? It's just major scales, some use of octaves....you're really just better off looking at U2.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
I'm pretty sure that the lead guitarist REALLY likes U2.

My thought exactly. The Edge's work during the War-Unforgettable Fire-Joshua Tree days has an insidious appeal to young guitarists because he really wasn't that good, technically, himself yet. So with the right effects palette, you can sound a lot like him.

Now, don't get me wrong, I really love a lot of their music during that era, but, speaking as someone who spent some time in my mis-spent youth trying to play like him, I'm really not remotely interested in listening to anyone try to play like him.

It's such an iconic approach to music that pretty much every MFX box can do some aproximation of it, which means it's way over done by a ton of guitarists without any of Edge's artistry.
ya maybe thats why im having problems. ive never listened to U2! Useally i just use the pentatonics, and throw a mode in there when i feel its right. i listen to alot of RATT, Van Halen, other 80's stuff. Maybe this is a chance for me to expand my musical horizan, for example when i learned modes it opened up a new world of expression from my heart. maybe this will do it.
Quote by IbanezMan989
ya maybe thats why im having problems. ive never listened to U2! Useally i just use the pentatonics, and throw a mode in there when i feel its right. i listen to alot of RATT, Van Halen, other 80's stuff. Maybe this is a chance for me to expand my musical horizan, for example when i learned modes it opened up a new world of expression from my heart. maybe this will do it.

I look forward to the 100+ replies that this will generate.
Quote by IbanezMan989

Dear god, what have you done.

Move along people! Nothing to see here!
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud