I've spent a while racking my own brain as well as googles to find out what this is, then I remembered I was a member here so thought there'd be no harm in asking.

What is the pick-like device called used in this video by the guitarist on the left? What does it do? (skip to 2 minutes in, silly post rock intros)


Will also post a picture once I figure out how to.

My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that