I've had my eye on the PRS Tremonti SE guitars ever since they were released years ago. Due to lack of funds, I havent been able to pull the trigger.

Now im in the market for a guitar around $500 and the addition of the bird inlays has me intrigued again. Are these PRs Tremonti SE guitars made in 2011 considered quality instruments? Anything I need to know before buying?

The one thing i've read online forums is people suggesting to replace the nut with a "PRS graphite nut". Anyone fill me in on that?

thanks guys
Well I can only be of assistance on what the graphite nut is. Ever heard of the old "grinding pencil shavings into the sockets of your nut to minimize friction"-trick? Well pencil shaving contain graphite which makes the gorges create less friction.
If your whole nut is made out of graphite you'll hence have less issues involving string getting caught in the nut and so on.
Hope I was of any help at all.
Gear

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser Fr
Fender Stratocaster HW1
Squier Vint mod P-bass
Boss DS-2 distortion
electro-harmonics "Small Clone"
Roland GA-60 combo amplifier (nickname "Nap attack")
Quote by prevenge178
Well I can only be of assistance on what the graphite nut is. Ever heard of the old "grinding pencil shavings into the sockets of your nut to minimize friction"-trick? Well pencil shaving contain graphite which makes the gorges create less friction.
If your whole nut is made out of graphite you'll hence have less issues involving string getting caught in the nut and so on.
Hope I was of any help at all.

you were thanks
The tremonyi i tried (the 2011) were really muddy. I liked better the Singlecut, the maple top really brightn and cleared the guitar.
I tried one of the 2011s too (the red one i believe). Like n1ck said, i found the pups to be a tad muddy, but that guitar itself plays quite well in my opinion. I had an SE cu24 anniversary model a while back and i'd say its almost identical quality wise (though i did put bareknuckle pickups in that guitar). Either way i do prefer the entire SE line as a solid alternative to epiphone, which i don't dislike at all, but for what i play (modern rock/alt metal) i find the PRS SEs a little more appealing in terms of playability. Also check out the brand new 245 SE, its also got the birds and comes in arguably better finishes. I think its also thicker than the Tremonti both neck wise and body wise
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/prs-se-245-electric-guitar
Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa Rectifier 412
Gibson Explorer w/mods
Ibanez 321mh
(Les Paul 60's Tribute soon!)
I'm leaning towards getting the Tremonti SE and the Tremonti treble pickup. I played a few chords on one at Guitar Center and it felt great in my hands.

I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Custom online a couple months ago but it arrived damaged... it was an alright guitar. (I sent it back and got a refund) I'm craving a Gibson Les Paul but just getting cash together is going to be rough since I need a new amp too. lol