hey guys im getting a messed up sound when i try to connect my overdrive pedal into my amps distortion channel. im not sure whats going but its like 10 guitars tryna play at once/trying to pick up a radio sound.
if anyone can help thanks in advance
Can you record what it sounds like? It could be any number of issues.

Here's what I'd recommend:

Turn the gain down on the amp to 5. Turn the gain and volume down on the pedal to 2-3. Slowly increase volume on the pedal. Only increase the gain on the amp to suit your distortion preferences. Cranking the gain everywhere is going to lead to a LOT of noise. Trust me- you don't need as much gain as you think you do.
Quote by CV334
you don't need as much gain as you think you do.

+1
I get a great, very heavy, distortion tone from my with the gain on the amp at 5, and the overdrive at 4. Especially when the volume is cranked.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
are you using an inverter for power or batteries. a bad inverter can cause a lot of interference and/or buzzing/humming. its worse the closer the wall wart part is to you signal chain cables, guitar, and amp. lots of gain can multiply this problem. if youre not already using a battery you could try one. battery power will not cause interference.
Is your amp a tube amp? You can't boost a Solid State amp with an OD pedal. It's impossible and will sound like shit if you try. That could be your problem.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Is your amp a tube amp? You can't boost a Solid State amp with an OD pedal. It's impossible and will sound like shit if you try. That could be your problem.

You could boost it up a few inches... Oh, I see...
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by Slap-happy
You could boost it up a few inches... Oh, I see...

MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings