My New Baby!!!

Loaded with Ruby's.

And Sheffield Speakers.

So thats my new toy. Paid a little over $600 for this and some other swag.
Ive had it for just over 2 weeks now.
It's my first tube amp ever and is an upgrade from a vypyr 75. This thing is a gain Monster. I have the gain at 5.5 usually. It's mostly been used in my bedroom but I can get some awesome chug sounds out of it at low volume which surprised me.
It really shines when I crank it though. I went to a buddy's house and had it up to 6 and was able to drown out the other 2 guitarists. I was saving for a mark IV combo but decided the extra 500 buck could be spent on other stuff and since I mostly play metal this amp was perfect.

It doesn't have a footswitch and I'm not sure if the combo version even has a modle for it. I can't find one anywhere.

It's built like a tank. Nice and sturdy but so heavey. Close to 90lbs I think. I live on the second story of an ampartment building and I don't own a dolly so if I go anywhere I'll have to manually carry it.

The speakers inside are both Sheffields, I didn't pay attention to which specific kinds (if there are?) but that's all I remember.
The power tubes are Ruby brand. They sound fine but it's my first tube amp so I don't really have the experience to compare them with anything else.

Eventually I'm going to want a speaker/tube swap but I thought I would wait and enjoy it for what it is now. Plus I have no idea what I should/would want to swap to.

It seems like there's nothing I could say here that hasn't already been said about this beast. It's a riff machine! Nice and smooth if Iwant it too be and heavy ball busting riffage if I want that instead.
The cleans aren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be when I was reading reviews but they certainly aren't great. I think if I ever wanted to use cleans I would rather use my vypyr again. Maybe a chorus pedal or soemthing can fix that though.
I would reccomend it to anyone who plays metal. Not so much to people who don't
Happy NAD. Could use a good dusting though.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
congrats! thats a thing of beauty.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
You picked a great amp

$600 is on the high end of their current value though. You can get them for around $450 nowadays with a footswitch. And yeah they have a footswitch for them, at least the 6505 2x12 does haha. Enjoy it, there's a reason the 5150 is/was THE go-to amp for recording a br00tz album.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Turned it up to 6? I call BS. That amp is louder than anything I've played before.

HNAD!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Turned it up to 6? I call BS. That amp is louder than anything I've played before.

HNAD!

My buddy has a wireless system so I was a fair distance away from it. And I agree, it is very VERY loud.
Absolutely beautiful. I love seeing a nice 5150. Happy NAD.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Dude what you really need is a new amp.

Sweet. Always nice to see a 5150 combo(MIA).

There are some parts of the country where these are a bitch to find.
nice! i'm pretty sure any double function footswitch would work for you. for the sake of your back you should probably get casters or a dolly lol
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Haha my uncle works as a distributor so I'll be getting a dolly soon
Nice pickup. I currently have the 6505 212 (same amp) and the thing is a total beast. Just look up peavey 5150 or 6505 on ebay and there will be several footswitches on there. You can get the peavey one for 30-35 or spend five more bucks for something from switch doctor. Just make sure it is the two button with the quarter inch input. Dont get the 3 button, they are for the 5150 II and the 6505+. Have fun with that monster.
Get a Boss FS-6. That's what I used when I had my 5150. They're way more sturdy than the cheap Peavey switches, and they're about the same price.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Alot of different switches will work. Im pretty sure that an old marshall footswitch, it works with my 112, though they may not be any cheaper than better options. nice grab friend, old 5150s got major swag.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.